Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: High torque servos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2011, 06:34 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default High torque servos

I know this is probably somewhere but I searched and could not find a specific answer. Does anyone know if the RS10 XT stock ESC internal BEC handle two of the CYS S0150 high torque servos?
strato54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2011, 07:42 AM   #2
RCC Addict

I don't know of anyone who has tried 2 of those servos to find out. Looks like they're rated at close to 200ish oz of torque, so I'm betting you'll need a BEC with them. My rc4wd servo is rated for over 200oz of torque and it glitched like crazy until I put a BEC in...and that's just one servo. A BEC isn't a bad idea to begin with. My advice is to try it if you like those servos...if they work fine, awesome...if they glitch, you'll know you need a BEC.
jsowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 09:16 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Thanks jsowens. That's what I kinda thought. I will try them and post my results. I am using one for the front now with no glitching at all but stripped the rear plastic one so I am adding the other really just to hold the rear wheels straight since I don't use the rear steering when crawling. I could always do the rear steer lockout but I still 4 wheel steer when "showing off" my car to my friends. Again, thanks for the input. I am a newbie but I am hooked. I hope to be able to add something useful here someday.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:14 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

yess its supose ...my first rs10 whit the stock electronic ...i got the futaba s 3305 hight tork on it and run it like most a years .....im sure the esc bec can handle this !!!
boul69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 01:22 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Thanks man. I will verify that it will in a few days. I'll post the results.
Old 03-16-2011, 02:00 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

My 645 glitched like a bitch and i thought I needed a BEC, but went ahead and got redcat to send me a 2.4ghz system first and it fixed the glitching, I now have a buttery smooth rig. Like Jsowens said earlier a BEC is inevitable if you are going to continue to upgrade components on your rig. On a side note my stock electronics barely handle one high torque servo I seriously doubt it will handle two.
It usually runs fine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 03:25 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by strato54 View Post
I know this is probably somewhere but I searched and could not find a specific answer. Does anyone know if the RS10 XT stock ESC internal BEC handle two of the CYS S0150 high torque servos?
I have both those servos on my stock xt electronics and they work fine without any glitching at all. However, one of them fried itself a couple of weeks ago.....no idea why. Just turned it on I day and no movement then all of a sudden white smoke came bellowing out of it.
Xcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:34 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

When I say one 645 is pushing the electronic limits I mean on a rig with weighted wheels and a large sticky tires like a rover.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:02 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

I have the weights and the Rovers. I'd love to have a 2.4ghz rig also. How did you get that?
Old 03-17-2011, 03:45 PM   #10

I'll post what I'm running and have working well for the last few weeks.
Savox sc-0251mg it's rated at 222.2 oz-in
Put one in after I cooked the stock front (about a week after I got it.)
cooked the rear one 2+ weeks ago and put another one in and all is working well
on a stock RS10 (servos not stock any more)
madkow007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 04:15 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by strato54 View Post
I have the weights and the Rovers. I'd love to have a 2.4ghz rig also. How did you get that?
http://www.redcatracing.com/RC-Cars/Redcat-Parts/DSM-2C
Old 03-20-2011, 09:24 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Thanks for the link. I want to report my findings so far. I received the 2nd high torque servo from Crawford Performance Engineering, CYS S0150, installed it and used it several times on the rocks and some pretty severe testing in my kitchen floor and no glitching so far. The testing put the servos in some controlled extreme stall situations with the throttle up and still performed like a champ,,,,so far. I think the stock internal BEC will handle it for short periods. Long term still to be determined but so far so good.