Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: New Electronics...All Show, NO GO!!!!!!!!!???????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2011, 10:32 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default New Electronics...All Show, NO GO!!!!!!!!!???????

Here's my problem...

I fried my ESC and replaced it with a CC Sidewinder S2 and I also purchased a DX3E w/SR300 and also have a Turbo BEC hooked up. After getting everything rigged up, all I'm getting is front steering and alot of jitters from the motors. The ESC flashes greens when I apply the throttle, but nothing happens. I'm pretty sure that I have everything wired up correctly, but wanted to run it past you guys and see if there is something obvious that I have over looked.

I have made a Y harness to get the motors parallel to run off the CC ESC. I have BLUE (-) to Blue (-) and YELLOW (+) to YELLOW (+). Then I have the YELLOW's (+) to the RED (+) on the ESC and BLUE's (-) to the BLACK (-) on the ESC. On a few threads, I've read that the WHITE wire coming off the ESC is actually the NEGATIVE, I tried that as well and no change. On the SR300 RX, I had the ESC into THR, front servo into STR, rear servo into AUX and the BEC into the BIND port. The BEC is solder to the ESC's battery connector and I have pulled the red wire from the ESC into the RX.

I am at a total loss here.

Maybe there is a factory setting in the CC ESC that has to be changed, I don't have a Castle Link, but they are on the shelf at my LHS, that is the only thing I can think of right now.

Your thoughts---

On the plus side, I've put the SR300 into my Traxxas Slash and it is working flawlessly!!!
T Bone 347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2011, 10:38 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

I may have typed all this up too soon!!! After getting back into my Sidewinder manual, the default motor setting is for BRUSHLESS, would this be what is causing it to simply sit there a jitter?
Old 04-01-2011, 11:27 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Definitely one of the issues. You need to change the setting to brushed.
CPE MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 04:37 PM   #4
RCC Addict

If you change the setting to brushed and you still have problems with it, start a process of elimination. Remove the servo and BEC, see if you have forward/reverse movement...if you do, add the servo, if things still work well, try the BEC. That'll help you narrow things down, but I'm betting it's the settings.
jsowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:55 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Thanks, I'll give that a shot if no luck after I get the CC Link. If I simply unplug the BEC from the RX and hook the Red wire back up from the ESC to the RX will that work? I really don't want to have completely disconnect the BEC and then resolder it back to the battery connector, it took me FOREVER!!!!