Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Can A RS10XT compete with other Rock Crawler?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2011, 07:35 PM   #1

Cool Can A RS10XT compete with other Rock Crawler?

I am a RS10xt owner... loved it... got a few tinkering and worked great on rocks... i was thinking if this Rig can realy compete with other crawler... Based on My opinion, IT is more Agile, flexible and manuverable than other Rock crawlers... i have a Venom Creeper but nothing compared to my RS10.... What do you think guys... i Want to join a Comp. but i am afraid that some guys will just pick on my Rig...
markerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2011, 09:49 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabandit1 View Post
Mine was competitive against venoms and axials and losi but the bergs and bullies forget it.
Regardless they will probablly tease on your little redcat...but who cares its all about having fun.
Agreed. Have fun and don't pay any attention to the haters. Spend plenty of time driving the thing and doing little mods here and there and you'll at least be competitive against other rigs, but I doubt you'll be beating some of the nicer comp rigs in the hands of skilled drivers.
jsowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 06:03 AM   #3
RCC Addict

unless you want to put a ton of cash into upgrades you wont have much luck. ive comped mine many times and it was far from stock, and yes i took alot of crap about the ten but it could never keep up with the big boys. but who cares just have fun, i enjoyed mine for a long time. i built a bully and now i just beat them at there own game
crawlhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:45 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Its all about having fun with what you can afford.
Can't be that bad at least you aren't the owner of a t1e berg that has finished last in every single comp I ran it in. Probably the driver

Last edited by junkyardyota; 07-11-2011 at 08:53 PM.
junkyardyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 12:35 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

I have a small theory. at the moment, ppl who buy a rs10 buy it because it's the cheapest rtr on the market. those kinds of ppl aren't usually prepared to drop a ton of money on upgrades on it. Not yet at least. the guys who buy the bergs usually have dollar signs in their eyes the moment the start building it and are trying to buy "the best" of everything parts wise.

I believe if a couple guys build their RS10 with that same mindset as the "big boys" do, the RS10 will earn it's place. It's still a pretty new rig. There aren't many bolt-on upgrades yet. It's all custom made. and there are some exciting new advances coming down the pipeline. This forum is the frontline of inovation right now. How cool is it to be the FIRST to do something? then be copied and sold. The bergs/bully's were there once too!

Thought of the day; an $800 Berg vrs an $800 rs10. With the right builder/driver our little cat should match it line for line.
The Jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 07:36 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Well I have a well modified RS10 XT that is now a Gmade RS10 and I haven't found any place that I can't climb or crawl if I can get a Rover on it. Clearance is good, CG is good, steering is good. Only thing I haven't done to it is the 540 motors because I can stall the stock motors out without breaking something. But I can still go about anywhere. I just haven't had a chance to crawl with anyone else yet, but it's coming. Also, gonna build an XR10 so I will have something to compare it to. So far the RS10 has given me lots of fun modding and crawling. I would recommend to anyone as an entry level and the verdicts still out on even a comp rig...

Last edited by strato54; 07-13-2011 at 07:40 AM.
strato54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:11 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

My rs10en a competition of 15 cars, axial ax10, venon, acme, xr10, I remain 2, car is not ma http://www.zonacrawling.com/foros/vi...p?f=12&t=10985
http://www.zonacrawling.com/foros/vi...p?f=12&t=10985 http://www.zonacrawling.com/foros/vi...p?f=12&t=10985
yacos is offline   Reply With Quote