Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: new bright body mounting ideas

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2011, 11:50 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default new bright body mounting ideas

just got my xt and did a few minor mods, pulled the foams, moved the shocks on the links, adjusted the lower link mount locations on the frame and found a new location for the power switch (design flaw LOL) and now i am looking at putting my new bright jeep body on it, i really don;t want to cut the body up much more then it is now (minor clearance i did when i was building the new bright) how did you guys go about it, i had thought about building some brackets with plumbers tape and using the stock body mounts.

update, i figured it out and it worked really nice. i just relocated the body mounts to the ECM tray and mounted them vertically, then drilled matching holes in the floor of the body and used the stock clips to hold it in place. the two rear mounts end up under the seats, but i have one seat missing so this was not a issues. only needed two clips, one passenger side rear and the other driver side front to hold the body on. clears everything and no major body trimming needed. it sits pretty tall, and may be a little top heavy, but it will do for now, i think some front end weight would fix the issue.

Last edited by Docwolf; 07-08-2011 at 08:32 PM.
Docwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2011, 02:13 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Not a redcat...but I had to gut the interior and then just drilled some holes in the side to make it fit my stock exceed body posts...

Hope that helps//

Hyde802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 11:14 PM   #3

I mounted a Radio Shack body to my RS10, it does sit a little high but, I think http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j4...epbuild011.jpg" target="_blank">http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j4...epbuild011.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">it looks ok.

Last edited by 86atrack4; 07-17-2011 at 11:20 PM.
86atrack4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 01:21 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Fixed it for ya:

Hyde802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 07:31 PM   #5
RCC Addict

my new bright rock crawler is rather brittle, already broke the front bumper off lol. still want a clod or juggernaut body, but don't want to drop the coin.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:24 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyde802 View Post
Fixed it for ya:

Thanks!
Old 07-22-2011, 01:34 PM   #7
Fan of wheelspeed

I usd neo magnets and tucked the rear pins under my bed cover. The magnets work great, but you've got to use 3-4 on both the front and rear. I am also looking into a stealth mount using a old shock housing and some of the spacers(adjusters) mounted to the inside of the body so that it clips into place.

Hoosierdady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 02:29 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Default mounts

redcat actually has body mounts that are meant for the rs10, they go up instead of out the side, i think they were quite tall too. they are not on the website but i just looked at them in store today
cguit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 02:32 PM   #9
RCC Addict

i have done alot of modding to mine since i started this thread adn as of right now, all the electronics are on the axles and i have the nb body clear down against the frame. had to remove the seats to clear the body post, but ti works really well, i need to get some pics up.
Old 07-29-2011, 05:23 PM   #10

Smile Mounting New Bright Body

In the U.K were I am Its called the HSP crawler and thats what I got.
I took the rear bumper alloy poles and put them next to the shock holes. So they are sitting like the body posts only longer.
Fuel tubing and cable ties to secure them even more keeps the body from moving left to right when driving. I am going to use a dremel to cut them down to minimal length.
My New bright body donor car had no interior so have to build 1 from scratch. Loads of plans for this thing including smoking exhaust pipe. Lights allready fitted plus got a mini mp3 player and speakers for In car entertainment. I have cut the foams and placed weights in the front wheels but feels like I aint put enough. My standard motors are also not too smooth, is it a bad factory ESC??
More to come, plus check out Part 1 video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPvb8gP3ez0

[B][SIZE=2]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by Spexx; 07-29-2011 at 05:33 PM. Reason: wrong pictures
Spexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 07:11 PM   #11
RCC Addict

just not a hummer fan, well not that kind of hummer. really not a jeep fan, what i really want is that fast lane 1/6 f350 extended cab, but thems rare and pricey
Old 08-20-2011, 09:46 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyde802 View Post
Fixed it for ya:

what body is this? who makes it? and where can i get one?
gasser55t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 10:57 PM   #13

I originally bought it from radioshack for my son about 8 yrs ago. Its a mid to late 90's jeep wrangler body, sorry I don't know were to get one. I searched for it and did not find anything, looking for the rear view mirrors. They are the only thing missing from it.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:14 PM   #14

I painted the body, interier and added a fuel tank, spare tire and fire extinguisher from a wild williys jeep. the lights are led that run off the reicever.