Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: kamakaze kustoms 3.5 build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2011, 11:59 AM   #1

Default kamakaze kustoms 3.5 build

i wana get rid of this rs10xt chassis...whats evryone running for a chassis...anyone have good sugestions on what chassis to get....i was thinking berg 4.0or nay

Last edited by tryintocrawl21; 11-02-2011 at 11:39 AM.
tryintocrawl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2011, 12:58 PM   #2
RCC Addict

I assume you mean the kamikaze 4.0 chassis for the berg? If so, there's a good deal on that chassis here:

ON SALE - 1/2 Off Kamikaze Kustoms Zero 4.0 Berg Chassis Kit *-*-Chassis Kits*-*The Crawlers Store LLC

I think I already mentioned to you, but I run a Hellstrom chassis and have good luck with it. Most guys on here seem to either modify the stock chassis, buy a gmade chassis, or make their own. Other than the occasional t1e or beetlejuice chassis, I'm not seeing much experimentation. When it comes down to it, pick whatever aftermarket chassis you like the look of. Most aftermarket MOA chassis' are awesome.
jsowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 09:43 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

i am running just the ZNO RS10 Bullseye Low Profile Delrin Chassis and i like mine alot. ZNO has some pretty sweet stuff
SeTh_Rs10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 09:38 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

i am running the original Frogger chassis from jones our good vender here and it looks bad ass i might say
jokers_toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 08:49 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Default Rs10 chassis

Running the t1e rockshow chassis, the design makes for easy recoverys,flips itself back over like a turtle lol.
crawlernut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 09:03 AM   #6

Default whats your 2cents on this

what do u guys think of the mayhem enginering ls2.0 chassis...vanquish incision...is the froger a good tunable chassis...i like a good tunable chassis...thanks for the input.
Old 10-24-2011, 06:06 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryintocrawl21 View Post
what do u guys think of the mayhem enginering ls2.0 chassis...vanquish incision...is the froger a good tunable chassis...i like a good tunable chassis...thanks for the input.
Those chassis kits are VERY different from one another. The main things are...the mayhem chassis and the frogger chassis were designed as shafty chassis...not MOA. That's not to say you can't run them as a MOA chassis...because you can. The biggest irritation I have with using a shafty chassis on a MOA rig are the cutouts on the side for the transmission to clear. It doesn't leave you with as many options to mount electronics to, if you need the extra space. If it were me, I would choose the vanquish incision out of the 3. Just my $0.02.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:06 AM   #8

Default kamakaze 3.5 it is

kamakaze 3.5 it is..lets hope it turns into a great build....i was wondering what shocks to put on it.i dnt think the stock ones will work...ill post up pics of it assembled with the hardware i have when i get it an i would like your guys two cents on any problems i mite face or what not...thanks
Old 10-25-2011, 03:13 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Well, I'm pretty sure the 3.5 chassis is designed to be used with 90mm shocks, without measuring the stock shocks, I would say they're probably a bit too long. If that's the case you could always limit them down. I wouldn't invest in new shocks until you get the chassis and see if the stock ones actually work or not.

Other than that, the only other common issue I can think of that you might run into is link length. In some cases you'll install a new chassis and it'll make your wheelbase too long or too short due to length of the links.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:46 AM   #10

Default assembly hardware help

tryin to find 4mm screws to fit all the way through the chasssis an battery plate they need to be 2 1/4 inch long.. i guess i need 4mm rod ends for these link right cause the redcats are 3mm?....any help would be appreciated...stuck in assembly mode but stocked on what its gonna look like
Old 10-27-2011, 07:19 PM   #11
RCC Addict

I get all my screws and hardware from:
McMaster-Carr

As for the link ends...depends on what links you're using, but yeah the RS10 stock links are 3mm. On the suspension links I'm running, I have 4mm set screws and 4mm rod ends...much stronger setup.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:23 AM   #12

Default hardware

what should be the pitch of the thread on the screw...thanks
Old 10-28-2011, 08:33 AM   #13
RCC Addict

It depends on what you get. If you simply go to the website, find the socket head cap screws, choose either m3 or m4 size (3mm or 4mm), then the length you want, it'll display the pitch of that particular screw.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:45 AM   #14

Default build thread

should i just start a build thread for this setup...
Old 10-28-2011, 01:03 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Iwould also agree, ditch the 3mm hardware,all mine is built with the 4mm hardware and traxxas links, all bought from stormer hobbies, also using for now duratrax evader rear aluminum shocks, just a tad under 4 inches long, they are cheap,adjustable,and have some bling to them!
Old 10-28-2011, 03:54 PM   #16
Fan of wheelspeed

Yup, make a thread. You could just edit your first post and make this the build thread.
Hoosierdady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 04:08 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlernut View Post
Running the t1e rockshow chassis, the design makes for easy recoverys,flips itself back over like a turtle lol.
How do you get it to flip? I am running the BeetleJuice V3 and the upper link mount keeps it from flipping back over like my XR10 does. Have you modded the upper link mount at the axles?
strato54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 06:34 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

No, the upper link mounts are stock, the ride height an the rounded roofline, an the tall sedonas Iam able to flip it for recovery,(sometimes) not all the time, upside down on its roof, looks like a rocking chair, alittle rocking action, the tires will bite an flip itself upright, pretty cool first time it did it. oh yeah the length of my upper links are 50mm eye to eye.
Old 10-30-2011, 08:24 PM   #19
RCC Addict

why not juct order you some delrin i got some 1/8x12x12 and 1/4x12x6 sheet from amazon for about 40 bucks it was enough to build 2 hole chassis and links i cut it all out with a scroll saw looks and works awesome all i used was my axles shocks and stock upper links swapped all my rod ends out with m4 traxxas rod ends will try and get some pics up soon thinkin about startin a build thread even though it is done for the most part
FATBOYrs10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:00 AM   #20

Default its together

ill have some pics of it asembled up tonite..