Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Everest comper

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2015, 01:22 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Everest comper

Im picking up two one for my son which im going to build so he can bash around and not break lol. And one for myself to build as a non-comp comp crawler which I might go to one or two to see how it does.
Chassis an ax10 wedge
Overdrive and underdrive gears
stock electronics for now
unsure about shocks
C.I. double duce 6bolt wheels
axial trail ready hubs
tires unsure rovers or ?
rest is up in the air till I get it built
hillbillyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2015, 04:25 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Everest comper

Sounds like a great start to a build. I do have a few suggestions for you, though.

Shocks - most comp guys tend to prefer something like Traxxas big bores with mini-t springs or Losi comp shocks...both are great options.

Tires - Rovers are great tires, but realistically any of the proven comp tires would be great. Crawler Innovations even offers custom tires.

Wheels - Personally I would go for beadlocks so the foam and weight could be tuned easier and tires could be replaced easier, but I've heard good things about those wheels.

Aside from that, poke around in the AX10 section and look at some of the sportsman builds for lots of ideas you could adapt to the Everest crawler.
jsowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 12:16 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Default Re: Everest comper

Thanks for the suggestions. I have been checking out sportsman builds an the ax10 area and on sites of the local clubs. I just happen to live 5 minutes from a spot that small weekly comp happen so it should be a great testing area too.
hillbillyrc is offline   Reply With Quote

Everest comper - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A deeper look within the Redcat Everest 10 crawler TakeOffYouHoser Redcat Crawlers 1124 11-28-2021 09:18 AM
The new redcat everest-10 crawler? terrywolfpack Redcat Crawlers 83 06-29-2016 01:41 PM
Just bought redcat everest 1/16 Ilikemyaxial Redcat Crawlers 7 05-18-2016 08:35 PM
New redcat racing Everest-10 terrywolfpack General Crawlers 7 11-15-2015 08:40 AM