Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: everest 10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2019, 06:31 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default everest 10

Morning everyone,

I am a total newb to, both this site, and the hobby. After much research, I just bought an Everest 10. I know this is a good entry level rig. I was wondering though, how much work would it take to make this a legitimate mid-level crawler I could compete with, if i so chose? Basically, what makes this lower grade than others?
celticsun33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2019, 06:45 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: everest 10

Congrats on the rig! We love our E10's.
Check out the A deeper look within the Redcat Everest 10 crawler for a metric Ton of great info on the crawler.
And don't be afraid to tinker with it!
Screwfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 08:37 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by celticsun33 View Post
Morning everyone,

I am a total newb to, both this site, and the hobby. After much research, I just bought an Everest 10. I know this is a good entry level rig. I was wondering though, how much work would it take to make this a legitimate mid-level crawler I could compete with, if i so chose? Basically, what makes this lower grade than others?
It a good crawler at a good price just keep reading an get ideas for it e10 has a lot of flex some cog problem other then that a nice rig I lowered mine an put a 35 t motor it performs great for me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
jakemaxwell806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 08:41 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Morning everyone,

to make the e10 comp worthy would take replacing just about everything on it its a old design to start with and the parts compatabulity isent that great

that dosent mean it cant be a capable crawler the link geomitry is holding it back a new chassie is the best option there or do some creative fab work the tires are a must i realy like the jconcepts ruptures personaly your gona need shocks too the stock ones have a tendency to bind up you can stuff the axles full of axial internals if you want to increse reliabuility the narrow xrmod or wraith c-hubs knuckles and shafts to increse steering and strangth then you would need to balance it by adding weight to the front and or rear

it will never be as capable as the newer designs but its still fun i realy enjoy mine and the driver has as much to do with how.capable a rig is as the rig itself

the reason the e10 is considered subpar is cause of plastic lockers plastic gears lack of quality control and consistancy the cheesy tire the lame suspention geomitry and cheap.brittle plastic although i havent had.a problem with any of those issues

its basicly a.clone of the axial.ax10 so what ever works on the ax10 will work for the e10 but you might need some creativity to make it all work
ferp420 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 04:40 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferp420 View Post
to make the e10 comp worthy would take replacing just about everything on it its a old design to start with and the parts compatabulity isent that great

that dosent mean it cant be a capable crawler the link geomitry is holding it back a new chassie is the best option there or do some creative fab work the tires are a must i realy like the jconcepts ruptures personaly your gona need shocks too the stock ones have a tendency to bind up you can stuff the axles full of axial internals if you want to increse reliabuility the narrow xrmod or wraith c-hubs knuckles and shafts to increse steering and strangth then you would need to balance it by adding weight to the front and or rear

it will never be as capable as the newer designs but its still fun i realy enjoy mine and the driver has as much to do with how.capable a rig is as the rig itself

the reason the e10 is considered subpar is cause of plastic lockers plastic gears lack of quality control and consistancy the cheesy tire the lame suspention geomitry and cheap.brittle plastic although i havent had.a problem with any of those issues

its basicly a.clone of the axial.ax10 so what ever works on the ax10 will work for the e10 but you might need some creativity to make it all work
Thanks for the info. I don't plan on really competing, I just figure if it's competition it will be able to provide me with hours of fun out in the creek.
celticsun33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 10:36 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I don't plan on really competing, I just figure if it's competition it will be able to provide me with hours of fun out in the creek.
the e10 will be a good rig for you then theres alot of room for improvement and its cheap to tinker with and its fun
ferp420 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 03:05 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferp420 View Post
the e10 will be a good rig for you then theres alot of room for improvement and its cheap to tinker with and its fun
I agree 100% a e ten for the money an a big capacity battery you will be happy I love mine

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
jakemaxwell806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 12:12 PM   #8

It's a great rig for me so far. I have some local canyon trails that I have hiked and drove the E10 for an hour or more each time. It keeps pace with the 27t motor I put in and handles all kinds of terrain!
turk is offline   Reply With Quote

everest 10 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Everest 10 Alberto72 Redcat Crawlers 4 03-03-2018 07:46 AM
Everest 10 Hondarider94 Redcat Crawlers 7 02-01-2018 12:36 PM
Everest 10 no more! Jeepiac Redcat Crawlers 70 02-11-2017 05:36 AM
Everest 10 Defords Newbie General 4 10-17-2015 09:20 PM
Everest-10 rodney m Redcat Crawlers 1 08-13-2015 07:17 AM