Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: What will I break/need/want to do first? Everest GEN 7 Sport

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2021, 12:08 PM   #1

Default What will I break/need/want to do first? Everest GEN 7 Sport

I am getting close to pulling the trigger on this, and figure that maybe I plan ahead - what seems to be the things that most owners head to first after taking delivery?

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
davez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2021, 12:28 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: What will I break/need/want to do first? Everest GEN 7 Sport

Hey Dave, I am not really sure because I do not own a Gen7 Sport, although I just pulled the trigger on a Gen7 Pro for my daughter.
From the research I have done, the additions the Pro has is well worth the extra cost if you can swing it. If not, I am sure you will have a blast with the Sport model.

Use the advanced search feature in the Redcat Crawler Forum and search Gen7 and select title only. It should yield some decent reading material.

Goo luck, have fun and be safe
AK KRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 01:40 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Front CVAs (13849,) for one. I used Gen7 Pro axles on a 4WS rig, and broke 3 universals (like, literally snapped the long part of the shaft) in the span of a few months. Also, if it has aluminum diff housings, you should be fine (maybe,) but if they're plastic, you'll blow them out quickly. I can't tell from the pics in the manual, but part #18131 looks plastic, and you will destroy them in short order. The Gen7 also has all plastic transmission gears (18129) and they're every bit as bad as the diff housings-- the plastic is too flexy. The pin spun it's way through the 20T gear on the first pack I drove. So you'll need to replace pretty much all of the gears, have a back stock of universals, and be ready for a decent amount of torque twist. It basically needs ~80 bucks dropped into it right out of the box. AFAIC, the low pricetag of the Gen7 is absolutely a false economy.
DrIsotope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 02:28 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrIsotope View Post
Front CVAs (13849,) for one. I used Gen7 Pro axles on a 4WS rig, and broke 3 universals (like, literally snapped the long part of the shaft) in the span of a few months. Also, if it has aluminum diff housings, you should be fine (maybe,) but if they're plastic, you'll blow them out quickly. I can't tell from the pics in the manual, but part #18131 looks plastic, and you will destroy them in short order. The Gen7 also has all plastic transmission gears (18129) and they're every bit as bad as the diff housings-- the plastic is too flexy. The pin spun it's way through the 20T gear on the first pack I drove. So you'll need to replace pretty much all of the gears, have a back stock of universals, and be ready for a decent amount of torque twist. It basically needs ~80 bucks dropped into it right out of the box. AFAIC, the low pricetag of the Gen7 is absolutely a false economy.
Well crap, I am hoping the Gen7 Pro I have on order for my daughter has better luck than this... I plan on putting a smaller pinion in it right out if the box to keep the speed down, as she will just be learning.
AK KRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote

What will I break/need/want to do first? Everest GEN 7 Sport - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Redcat Everest Gen 7 & Everest 10 Crawling at the Creek DavidRCBasher Videos! 1 02-09-2020 04:52 PM
Redcat - Everest 10 vs Gen 7 vs Gen 8 s14rc Newbie General 10 12-19-2019 08:29 PM
Redcat gen 8 scout & gen 7 sport ( epic snow trail adventure ) shenlonco Scale Videos! 0 02-08-2019 12:35 PM
Traxxas trx 4 sport vs redcat gen 7 sport part 2! shenlonco Scale Videos! 0 08-03-2018 06:31 AM
Traxxas trx 4 sport vs redcat gen 7 sport! shenlonco Scale Videos! 0 07-23-2018 07:19 AM