Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Redcat e10 / gen 7 axles, turning radius questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2022, 12:31 PM   #1

Default Redcat e10 / gen 7 axles, turning radius questions

So I have a belly dragger that I'm building and currently I have the axles off of a redcat e10... The cool thing about this is it was very easy to set up four wheel steering

I'm the only thing I've really done was ground off the steering stops on the axles

It doesn't turn particularly well in two wheel steering but does very well when four wheel is activated

What I am wondering is what would happen if I swapped in ar44s or gen 8 portals? Or perhaps the injora metal axles that looks similar to an ar44? And what about injora's plastic ar44 clone axles?

If I go to a more modern axle is it really worth it to set up four-wheel steer? I've been told that they steer better.. or would it just be better to go with a modern axle and a dig transmission?

But I am wondering is will any of these axles steer better than the four-wheel setup I currently have? I know that all of them will offer more clearance overall
ericfx1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2022, 12:34 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Redcat e10 / gen 7 axles, turning radius questions

In other threads, I have been told that the Narrow XR Mod is the way to go for more steering on the Redcats.

I have not doe it yet though.
AK KRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 09:44 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Redcat e10 / gen 7 axles, turning radius questions

the xr mod has about the same steering angle as the ar44 however the ar44 is much more compact and the housing is so much smaller
ive been told the trick set up is the ar60 up front and a ar44 on the rear so thats what my e10 evolved in to

juzt a note you dont need the beeftubes inserts for the xr mod just use a file and make groves
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote

Redcat e10 / gen 7 axles, turning radius questions - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Are Redcat Gen 7 or 8 axles any good? MAC FAB General Crawlers 2 02-13-2019 06:30 AM
Tighter turning radius for Clod axles. ToTheMAXXcrawler Tamiya Clod Buster 12 07-21-2009 02:48 PM
Turning radius questions rocktoy Tamiya TLT Crawlers 4 07-22-2007 09:28 PM
HELP WITH AXLES...turning radius Crash King Tamiya Clod Buster 8 05-15-2005 02:18 PM