Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Redcat RS10 revisited

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2011, 08:23 PM   #581
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralSnoopy View Post
I got the new hitec hs-645 servos and some 2.2 white rovers on the way i got them for $43 with sh good deal? still waiting for those but the stock tires are dragging on the lower links so will the rovers do the same? and can i use the stock rims for the rovers?
Yeah, that's about an average price for rovers...so yeah, good deal. The rovers are a lot taller than the stock tires, so if the stock tires are rubbing the links, the rovers will most definitely rub. You need to tinker with your setup to prevent that rubbing. Yep, you can use the stock rims for the rovers too...they're both 2.2 size.

Also, it's a bit easier to get an answer to a question by just starting a completely new thread instead of asking in a pretty old thread.
jsowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2011, 10:42 PM   #582
Quarry Creeper

Naw its better to ask in an old thread. If you start a new thread you will get crap for not searching. Dragging an old thread back to life shows that you took the time to look for an answer. Plus if you post in an old thread it moves it to the top again.
GreMonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 05:08 PM   #583

Ok guys so did yours rub and how did you all fix it?????????
GeneralSnoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 11:39 PM   #584
Quarry Creeper

I just got my rovers they only rub some times but you might have to move the bottom shock mounting points, it should be fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralSnoopy View Post
Ok guys so did yours rub and how did you all fix it?????????
TheREDCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:45 PM   #585
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Redcat RS10 revisited

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsowens View Post
Also, it's a bit easier to get an answer to a question by just starting a completely new thread instead of asking in a pretty old thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreMonte View Post
Naw its better to ask in an old thread. If you start a new thread you will get crap for not searching. Dragging an old thread back to life shows that you took the time to look for an answer. Plus if you post in an old thread it moves it to the top again.
Part 2 first... Absolutely correct! Our section may be 'fairly' civil... but start a new thead in let's say general or electronics.......SMM from S.F. will flame you all the way to the Preparation H aisle.... (don't ask!)

Part 1... JS, take this as an absolute compliment. As someone who lurked for a long time pre-purchase/join forum, and a long time pre-first time post .... you are very recognized as one of the originators of making the Redcat (shunned by most) cool and a proven "keep up with your buddies" rig. If you knew me you'd know I do not blow smoke...(if you're a 1:1er, ask my about Marlin!), I gather intelligence, add salt, test theory..... re-assess, re-read wondering what did I miss or misinterpret...

Your name comes up as one of about 3 to 5 people in this section that I read/hunt for. Your opinions are valuable to newbies and old timers alike. I'll point out your input to the recent "motor thread" as friendly, but "been there done that... now let me steer you in the right direction..". We notice these things and (as addictive hobbies go) seek out more from the people we see as credible. Again ask me about long time (15 yr) personal friend, Marlin of Marlin Crawler.

Now everyone can read back through this thread wondering what I am blubbering about and garner wisdom that would have been lost to the archives. Or at the very least, watered down tech (dulled) to where we may miss the little important bits as it passes from one person to the next over time.

Now removeing lips from ass

and uhmmm....bump!!!!!
Sydwall85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:32 PM   #586
Pebble Pounder

As an after thought... There is an individual that has drug up some SUPER old threads in the last couple of days. My first reaction was similar to your response, until I thought about it a while. I think it is a super big help to all the newbies. Every month we see 10 (ok, 3) new names trickle into our section who have all developed the infatuation that you and I have for our Cats... comp or scale. I don't "get" some of the new suggestions, really I don't (sigh), but I look forward every day to logging in to see your additions (as well as others) to our section. I really meant nothing but respect in any of these replies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope they read as I meant them...
Sydwall85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:50 PM   #587
Rock Crawler

well if those velinion motors are brushless motors, you will need 2 esc's to run them. also, if they are not sensored motors they will pretty much be worthless for crawling.
hoghead5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:53 AM   #588
RCC Addict

also, why did you not start a build thread??? why post here???
Docwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:30 PM   #589

I was wondering what you used to add weight in the tires?
corey.alford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:38 PM   #590
Pebble Pounder

Anyone else tired of seeing the same thread - is the rs10 any good? / what mods first ?/ what tires ? What servo ? ect ect ect .
I don't believe in totally jacking someone's thread , but I take it as a compliment some one is checking out my thread and asking about my setup , that is usually a good thing. Although trouble shooting and trying to get your personal issues solved in a build thread is wack.
Some threads need to be brought back for newbs to get ideas / questions answered / and to check out actual builds ... Not the same old question thread. I built Probly 50% of my Redcat off old build threads, tips and tricks ect alot of that credit goes to guys like (jsowens). Really no need for another thread about what to upgrade first.

Last edited by G's ^; 01-22-2013 at 07:40 PM.
G's ^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:14 PM   #591
RCC Addict

That's so true, that's why I was thinking that there should be one thread with all the info for newbs so there's no more of these threads that have already been made so many times. But it's not really there fault we just need a thread with all the answers ect. Just my opinion.
pajey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:37 PM   #592
RCC Addict

While a thread that answers all of these questions is a great idea, it doesn't fully prevent people asking these common questions over and over. Take a look in other sections of the forum. There are tons of stickies with the answers in them and people still post asking them. The second step for this equation is for people to actually learn to use the search function properly. The wheel weight question above could have easily been answered without a post in about 30 seconds. There are 2 virtually identical threads covering wheel weight that are pretty much a year apart.

Here:
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/redca...el-weight.html

and Here:
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/redca...el-weight.html
jsowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 02:21 PM   #593

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoy View Post
x2 i stripped my set screws on both pinion gears. Has anyone found a smaller or different pinion that works well yet
not gonna lie, i just soldered my pinion to the shaft with a tiny dab of solder, it works wonders.
Cautionflamable is offline   Reply With Quote