RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Scale Comp Rules (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/scale-comp-rules/)
-   -   Flatbed Rules (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/scale-comp-rules/339670-flatbed-rules.html)

mless 09-28-2011 06:43 PM

Flatbed Rules

Could someone help clarify the SORRCA ruling about flatbeds? Got me confused. They say the bed has to be the cab width all the way down the bed. Does this mean if has chamfered corners at the back, it is not a flatbed? If it is not, does it count as a tube bed/flatbed?

War Pig 09-28-2011 11:21 PM

The whole reason for the "must be cab width all the way to the back" is just so people that want to build a "cheater" class 1 truck can't. If somebody built a truly scale looking flatbed with angled rear corners, I for one am not going to tell him it isn't legal. As long as it looks good and you are obviously not trying to cut corners, I see no problem with what you're wanting to do.

mless 09-29-2011 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by War Pig (Post 3302973)
The whole reason for the "must be cab width all the way to the back" is just so people that want to build a "cheater" class 1 truck can't. If somebody built a truly scale looking flatbed with angled rear corners, I for one am not going to tell him it isn't legal. As long as it looks good and you are obviously not trying to cut corners, I see no problem with what you're wanting to do.

So if I was building an obvious Class 2 rig and not trying to sneak into Class 1, it doesnt really apply then?

War Pig 09-29-2011 09:11 AM

You know, I was just re-reading the posted rules. They got a little bit turned around because the flatbed rule was intended mostly for class 1. A class 2 rig doesn't have to have a bed at all. The flatbed rule of being as wide as the cab should be for receiving scale points. So if you want to do a flatbed, but don't want it to be the width of the cab, you can still do it (in class 2) but won't receive scale points for it. We will rewrite the rules to make them more clear in our revision in the next few months. Thanks, Tim.

mless 09-29-2011 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by War Pig (Post 3303381)
You know, I was just re-reading the posted rules. They got a little bit turned around because the flatbed rule was intended mostly for class 1. A class 2 rig doesn't have to have a bed at all. The flatbed rule of being as wide as the cab should be for receiving scale points. So if you want to do a flatbed, but don't want it to be the width of the cab, you can still do it (in class 2) but won't receive scale points for it. We will rewrite the rules to make them more clear in our revision in the next few months. Thanks, Tim.

Ok, that makes more sense. What about a tube bed though? You would still get 3 scale points even if its not a full width bed right?

War Pig 09-29-2011 03:21 PM

Yeah, kinda screwy huh? It's really difficult to write the rules so people get points that they deserve without making it as thick as a phone book.