Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Scale Videos!

Notices

Thread: Redcat Gen 7.5 Portal Test

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2019, 12:44 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Redcat Gen 7.5 Portal Test

Hi all!

I've been constantly upgrading my Redcat Gen 7 and for this video I test for the first time the Portal Axle kit and the Horri-Bull body which I'm kind of pleased with.

What I like is the increased clearance with the new axles which is great but the binding, axle sway and bumpsteer is something I don't like. I have ordered a servo on axle mount so I can revert back to a four link front suspension and get rid of all those problems.

Another thing that bugged me for this test was the Redcat Pro foam inserts, we had about 5 degrees Celsius during this test and they froze up and it was like driving on four hockey pucks. Since the tyres are completely stiff they also attract mud much more easily which won't fall off when the tires are normally flexing. So it was kind of a slippery ride…

All in all however, I'm pleased with how the truck performed.

Thanks for watching!

https://youtu.be/aUcHcbBccag

As the foams made me a bit irritated I decided to do some tests and found some material at work which I cut a few test inserts off and the results of some highly unscientific tests can be seen here…

https://youtu.be/SMfWGVfVIPU

Last edited by Esseaux; 12-11-2019 at 03:36 AM.
Esseaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Redcat Gen 7.5 Portal Test - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gen 7 Pro portal upgrade or buy Gen 8? Zappaz Redcat Crawlers 3 04-27-2019 10:19 AM
NOW IN STOCK the Redcat Racing Portal Axle Upgrade Kit For Gen 7! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 02-20-2019 06:05 PM
REDCAT RC GEN 8 INTERNATIONAL SCOUT II CRAWLER TEST (how's it do?) shenlonco Scale Videos! 0 02-01-2019 01:15 PM
Redcat GEN 7 SPORT MODIFIED TEST | A GREAT CRAWLER NOW! shenlonco Scale Videos! 0 01-08-2019 08:47 PM
Redcat Everest Gen 7 Pro - Portal Axles cjhike Videos! 0 11-18-2018 07:10 PM