Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Scale Videos!

Notices

Thread: Team Associated CR12 FJ45 Video

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2020, 08:41 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Team Associated CR12 FJ45 Video

Hi all. This is my first post on the forum; I知 happy to be here! I picked up a Team Associated CR12 last week, been having loads of fun with it, and made a little video (see below).

I値l have some downtime with the truck for a bit here because either the main drive gear or step gear is stripped. I知 going to contact AE for a replacement but also will look for metal replacement parts considering how hard I知 going to use this truck. But, I値l post about that issue in another area of the forum. Enjoy the video!

https://youtu.be/MKXaACDmjk0
slothRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2020, 08:57 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Team Associated CR12 FJ45 Video

I haven't seen too many videos of the CR12 FJ in the wild. Really enjoyed watching yours. I haven't had any issues yet with mine. Hope you figure out what caused the gear(s) to strip so that you can get back out on the trial. Cool guitar track on that video too.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 11:52 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post
I haven't seen too many videos of the CR12 FJ in the wild. Really enjoyed watching yours. I haven't had any issues yet with mine. Hope you figure out what caused the gear(s) to strip so that you can get back out on the trial. Cool guitar track on that video too.
Thanks very much! I just took everything apart and found the issue - the 12t gear on the "step gear" is completely stripped. It seems like it's not the most durable plastic they used on the gears because they are all pretty chewed up. It may have something to do with the amount of water in which I've been running the truck.

Thanks very much for the note on the guitar track too. It's a piece that my old bandmates and I wrote and recorded recently.
slothRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 01:41 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Wow... very cool indeed. I'm a long-time guitarist myself so maybe that's why I found it uniquely enjoyable. I couldn't identify it so maybe I picked up on some "heart" in there. Yeah... I was wondering if running in water might've had something to do with the chewed up gears. I haven't had mine in any water yet but it makes me want to pull that transmission apart to take a look.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote

Team Associated CR12 FJ45 Video - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Team Associated CR12 JMHZ2401 Videos! 0 02-07-2020 06:35 PM
Team Associated CR12 modulator415 Newbie General 2 08-18-2019 03:03 PM
IN STOCK - Team Associated CR12 Toyota FJ45 Pickup RTR RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 12-19-2018 04:57 PM
PRE ORDER NOW the Team Associated CR12 Toyota FJ45 Pickup RTR! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 12-15-2018 08:40 AM
Team Associated cr12 phillysteak33 Newbie General 10 10-06-2018 06:07 AM