Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: 1/6 Scale Nylint Crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2006, 02:06 PM   #241
Pebble Pounder

Well I meant in the stores. But thanks for that link!
minitrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2006, 06:41 PM   #242

Default Pics of my NYLINT

Still under construction. Adding a few odds and ends.
Any ideas?? send them my way.

nfan04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 12:31 AM   #243
Quarry Creeper

Default shocks

you could try T maxx shocks or XTM X factor shocks are longer than the maxx shock by a long shot...I've had both...also you could go with cheap oil filled plastic maxx replacements and go with no springs...givent he design under the little jeep you guys are running...Oj and to the lucky SOB that found a tamiya bruiser in a shed....who's shed was it and how well is it gaurded I love those I really want a tamiya f350 highlift then put a chevy body on it of clod LOL////maybe make it a crew cab duallie tow rig then LOL
350TacoZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 02:40 AM   #244

Default Lost intrest?

Hello all, i have been looking here on and off since i bought my 2 1:6 nylints 1 jeep and 1 Scorpion, and my brothers 1:6 Scorpion. I was just wondering what happened. these were fairly talked about and now it seems to be dead. just looking to get some ideas and maybe a little help with moding one of my nylints.
Crash box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 03:07 PM   #245

Are these still around? Are they still fairly capable?
ReklessOffRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 03:26 PM   #246

since i bought mine around spring break 2006 i have only had an axel go out. but ya i still use them(altough not a often as i would like) and they are both stock. which is really sad, but i would like to mod at least one of them.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:13 PM   #247
Rock Stacker

They don't make them anymore, which is sad because they looked pretty cool for the price. You can still find em on ebay now and then, but at a premium price that would only make collectors look twice.
Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 08:55 PM   #248

Miller time, you are not kiddin you would think it was made of silver. but i still have my 3 that work and still use them every so often. now i'm looking into something a little easier to get parts for. not sure where to go, but with the loads of info on here i should figure it out.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:59 PM   #249
Debunking old stereotypes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash box View Post
Miller time, you are not kiddin you would think it was made of silver. but i still have my 3 that work and still use them every so often. now i'm looking into something a little easier to get parts for. not sure where to go, but with the loads of info on here i should figure it out.

Check out the Axial AX10 section
freetimecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 11:57 PM   #250

Freetime, i'm not to fimalliar with the hobby grade stuff. as i have only owned a $200 radio shack truck(total trash) and the nylints me and my brother have. i'm looking for 1. ease of build. 2. ease of mantiance. 3. something as good as the nylint or better. would that one be what i'm looking at now? Thanx.
Old 02-20-2008, 06:38 AM   #251
Rock Stacker

+1 on the AX10 kit. I've heard many people comment on the quality of the kit as far as it being a straight forward assembly with a good fit, and you won't find anything more capable out of the box. It's definitely more capable than the Nylint, and putting one together is probably easier than modifying a Nylint. Another positive is that you will have easy access to factory replacement parts, and a large selection of aftermarket upgrades if you decide to go that route.
Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 05:25 PM   #252

Freetime, i think i will get that kit after i get the $$$ lol, but a RTR Crawler for under $400.00 seems like a great deal, and after Benders videos of the RCCrawler build it is way better than my nylint. oh and it looks way easier to mod
Old 02-20-2008, 05:55 PM   #253
Debunking old stereotypes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash box View Post
Freetime, i think i will get that kit after i get the $$$ lol, but a RTR Crawler for under $400.00 seems like a great deal, and after Benders videos of the RCCrawler build it is way better than my nylint. oh and it looks way easier to mod
Good choice, and yes, much easier to mod, and like the poster above said, lots of parts support both factory, and aftermarket goodies
It's an easy kit to build, and a very capable truck. I would buy the kit and build that, rather then getting the RTR version.
Read the AX10 tips building thread. Be sure to use 2 set screws in the yokes, there's 2 holes tapped, but they only supply 1 set screw each. Also, put a washer on the upper Y link when you build it, people have had the screw head pull through. All the info is in the AX10 section, read up there.
freetimecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 04:47 PM   #254

Freetime, could i ask you why just buy the truck and "guts" seprate? i do see the fact that as i upgrade the rtr parts wont be needed but for a noobie like me, that seems to be the best option for the time being till i get some real world exp. like i said my RC Crawler exp. is with the 1:6 nylint. but i will look in thw axial section. now that i see the truck i want i can explore the goodies that can now be used. i'll find that site page with the RTR kit for i think it was $360. and let me know if that is in fact a good deal.
Old 11-28-2008, 03:34 PM   #255
Rock Stacker

Hi all my name is Jesse I have been into rc for a while now but 3yrs ago I bought a 1/6th scale nylint then moved to hawaii so it has been sitting in the box for 3yrs and it was just shipped to me by my family. I am worried that the battery will be bad so is there a way I can use a nimh pack? Also it is pretty much new in box so my nephew will be stoked cause I am thinking about giving it to him for his bday.
maui454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 11:46 PM   #256
JLF
Quarry Creeper

Im late to the party....

Just ran a search for 'New Bright' to see if anyones had fun modding a stock one. I know.... waste of time!

Found this unbelievable thread!

I had no idea WalMart had this rig for sale!!! It does seem spendy for their market focus... but hey, its awesome!

Im gonna go check them out myself.
JLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 09:09 AM   #257
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLF View Post
Im late to the party....

Just ran a search for 'New Bright' to see if anyones had fun modding a stock one. I know.... waste of time!

Found this unbelievable thread!

I had no idea WalMart had this rig for sale!!! It does seem spendy for their market focus... but hey, its awesome!

Im gonna go check them out myself.
Emphasis on "had", they're not made anymore. obsolete, no more, fin!
karlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 09:44 AM   #258
Pebble Pounder

JLF you want some I'll sell you 3 for 30.00 + shipping if they haven't been thrown away. Fully modded and as built as they could built. LOL.
rockbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 09:49 AM   #259
JLF
Quarry Creeper

Not made anymore? Ok... well I guess I'll just get a real crawler then!

3 for $30? How can that be a bad deal? Especially if youve thrown all kinds of upgrades at them in your 'mods'. LOL!
JLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 06:09 PM   #260

Default Anyone still got axle parts?

My nephew broke an axle on the 1/6th Jeep I gave him a few Christmases ago and I would like to fix it for him.
mikeescott is offline   Reply With Quote