Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Inappropriate?!?!?!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2008, 01:01 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Inappropriate?!?!?!

Ok so the mags we put this add in wont let us run it again... What gives? They're saying that there are people complaining because Jessica(The girl in the add whom is my employee) isn't of age, but I can assure you she is legal.

This kind of pisses me off because there are adds with skanky girls that are half naked in all these car mags. But we have an innuendo, are fully clothed and there are no swear words. So does this seem fair that they wont run this add again? It's different than all the other adds in these mags and obvoiusly its being seen. I even remember an add where a gal has her tata's in a set of T-maxx wheels!!! So they will publish that but not our add?!?!? We have a small series of adds similar to this in mind and it would be a shame to not be able to run them on account of people crying about it.

Please leave your feedback so I can print it off and try to convince the editors to let us keep running our adds. I think they would hate to lose our almost 2k a month per mag in this economy over some whiney bitches...

Chris_The_Battery_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2008, 01:06 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

That doesnt seem inappropriate to me. In fact, I think it's funny!

Maybe you can send them a copy of her driver's license...or better yet, a letter from her parents saying that she is of age and that they approve of the ad.

Last edited by JeremyH; 11-11-2008 at 01:09 PM.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 01:10 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

That's a funny add, I don't think it's at all inappropriate.

Not as good as the girl with the bearings though .
Tupers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 01:12 PM   #4
Who's your Daddy-0!

I'll be the devils advocate here.....I like the ad! It's funny! But I don't think it's the girl that they are really worried about here. It's the context that is being questioned. These magazines are at schools and kids do read them. So making it look like a guy can't get it up and then can may be inappropriate to some. Now if it were a pict John Doe running El-Cheapo packs and loosing a race then him running your packs then a pict of him in the winners stand with girls around him it would be ok. They are just using "Shes underage" thing to drop the ad. It's the "Limp-hard" thing that most will find inappropriate.....But I like it But I can see why they would drop it as well.....
TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 01:13 PM   #5
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

That is incredibly funny, and a really good ad. I agree, they have published much racier stuff before and to reject that ad is rediculous. What is even funnier is that the ad actually describes poor battery performance pretty well.

Looks like he is holding a spot welded stick and then a soldered stick right?
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 01:15 PM   #6
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_The_Battery_Man View Post
Ok so the mags we put this add in wont let us run it again... What gives? They're saying that there are people complaining because Jessica(The girl in the add whom is my employee) isn't of age, but I can assure you she is legal.
The ad is great. I would have used a midget for the guy though to make the petite "of age" girl appear to be bigger and older.

So since she's legal, is she single?
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 01:15 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

I too thought it was a good fun joke. Both look young and an innuendo tends to imply well beyond the picture, maybe thats the bitchy whiney peoples take?

I think its fine, but only thing I can think to offer is next time use models more "mature looking" to avoid the problem. The skanks in the other ads all look kinda "used".
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 01:17 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

I happen to be the other piss poor model in that add... And I am only 22. So there isn't much of an age gap
Old 11-11-2008, 01:19 PM   #9

Quote:
I happen to be the other piss poor model in that add... And I am only 22. So there isn't much of an age gap
Are you related to John Rob Holmes by chance?
Old 11-11-2008, 01:21 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger View Post
Are you related to John Rob Holmes by chance?

Nope. I am just generically ugly I have an Irish last name.. McMullin
Old 11-11-2008, 01:21 PM   #11
Custom Carbon Fiber

I saw it last night in the magazine and thought it was funny, she caught my eye then I realized what he was doing .

offensive? nah, the kids see worse on TV and in school. its no worse the the brunette on the Front Cover of the SAME magazine holding a trophy in her Bikini. your add was one page vs how many that she was on?

if a 10 year old sees the innuendo in that add then chances are he learned it from something his father reads.

I like Badger's idea ........
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 01:23 PM   #12
MODERHATER™

If she had a bikini on they would probably let it fly.....
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 01:24 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

I think the ad is funny. I don't see anything wrong with it. She does look young, but I bet if she had a big fake rack, no one would be complaining.
dorji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 01:24 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Priceless ad man. Screw the magazines, everyone else can put ads with barely covered women holding RC parts. Alteast your ad is tastfull and HILARIOUS!!

If the magazine was worried about the kids seeing the ad, they need to pull back and re-evaluate themselves if they will let exposed women be in the magazine but not an add that makes for of ED medication.

I want to see the other ads that are in the works!

Justin
bigdodge88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 01:25 PM   #15
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

I actually had to look twice at it, I thought I was photoshopped in as a joke or something at first.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 01:28 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

I can appreciate the satirical approach to the add and find it to comical.
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 01:28 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
I actually had to look twice at it, I thought I was photoshopped in as a joke or something at first.

Nope this is literally whats in the current mags
Old 11-11-2008, 01:36 PM   #18
Rock Stacker

I wouldn't have complained, but I agree. She looks too young. Doesn't matter that you "can assure us that she's not," you put a picture in a magazine, not an essay.

It's about perceptions. Right or wrong, perceptions of sexism, sex, sexiness are all - to a point - acceptable in advertising. Pedophilia (remember: perception) is not. It's easy to percieve the girl in your add as under age. Older (appearing) girl in add, perception gone, add stays.

Morality aside (yeah, right) I'm sure they got complaints about Tmaxx-tata's, we just never heard about it, and how 'bout the acer bearings chicks....mmmmhmmmm.

It's just that your add had one element that everyone avoids exploiting. If you like the adds so much, get a different girl.
shimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 01:37 PM   #19

Quote:
Nope. I am just generically ugly I have an Irish last name.. McMullin
Can I recommend a make over then? Looking that similar to JRH's that young in life would almost certainly get you into an episode of Extreme Make Over Facial Hair Edition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
I though for sure that you were whoring yourself out modeling for the Amish magazines again.
Old 11-11-2008, 01:41 PM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger View Post
Can I recommend a make over then? Looking that similar to JRH's that young in life would almost certainly get you into an episode of Extreme Make Over Facial Hair Edition.

I though for sure that you were whoring yourself out modeling for the Amish magazines again.
Ha nice But atleast it's not as ghey as Orlando blooms chin pubes in Pirates of the carribean