Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Free project MCRC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2011, 02:17 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Free project MCRC

Okay, yeah I built a micro every once and a while. Yes, I sell them after a month. This time I did some sales for a buddy, mainly selling a ( parting out a) crawler. He had some left overs in his hobby room and said take it all. I grabbed a box and filled it up, not looking in it. I got home and started unloading. WOW BND micro in thee bottom NIB So I dug into it and there was BWD bling within I then knew I wanted a long WB and Miclaws. Ordered the Miclaws, then got to work. I did the good ol' DANALLY widener mod in just the front. Used the stock MCRC links on the BWD chassis, then reduced me some wires up. Added full disc BWD wieght beadlock rings and a 1/4oz stick on wheel wieght front just under the driveshaft input on. I then did the decasing, then used BWD beadlock wieght rings rear. Chopped the front coils alittle, and glued the servo saver up. I got a 4.75WB and love it. The truck is light and climbs awsome. I will update as I go, if you got any questions just ask

Oh, lipo and 31oz in servo on the way
Jeepkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2011, 03:38 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Back again Nice to see it. Great little rig so far. NOW KEEP THIS ONE!!!
DANALLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 04:12 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I will keep it. When I'm not running it, my 3year old daughter is setting up pillows and 20oz bottle caps for a course. Start'em young
Old 08-19-2011, 04:36 PM   #4
rik
RCC Addict

LOL..welcome back again. Nice rig. Whats the method of widening? The danally method? I too just got back into the micro scene and need to widen my stance.
rik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 05:02 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

I widened the fronts the DANALLY way The rear is stock offset, and makes this thing look like a small XR. I'll put up pics of it the way the stance is tonight.
Old 08-19-2011, 05:36 PM   #6
rik
RCC Addict

LOL. Thanks. I think I remember his og post. Ya cut the rims, the glue with the hex facing out, correct? I was just searching but couldn't find the post.
Old 08-19-2011, 05:45 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rik View Post
LOL. Thanks. I think I remember his og post. Ya cut the rims, the glue with the hex facing out, correct? I was just searching but couldn't find the post.
There you go http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showt...hlight=DANALLY
Old 08-19-2011, 09:02 PM   #8
RCC Addict

I have a new way to widen that is easier but it takes 2 sets of rims...I will make a post soon. It is not quite as wide and doesn't require cutting the rim.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:08 PM   #9
cherry bomb

nice score jeepkid, should be an interesting build. I still kinda want one for playing around inside, but like you I could see myself selling it within a month.
fred0000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 09:09 PM   #10
rik
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANALLY View Post
I have a new way to widen that is easier but it takes 2 sets of rims...I will make a post soon. It is not quite as wide and doesn't require cutting the rim.
cant wait to see this. i just finished your og method. hell, i even dug thru 9 pages on the micro mod bible and didnt see it posted. so i posted it with a link to your og thread that Jeepkid posted above.

Jeepkid, you gonna go comp or scale with this build?

Last edited by rik; 08-19-2011 at 09:12 PM.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:52 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rik View Post
cant wait to see this. i just finished your og method. hell, i even dug thru 9 pages on the micro mod bible and didnt see it posted. so i posted it with a link to your og thread that Jeepkid posted above.

Jeepkid, you gonna go comp or scale with this build?
As of right now this is the comp micro and I got ideas for a scaler that I may or may not make. I am still too focused on my 2.2 comp rig to focus directly on micro, my daughter loves this truck so much. So much she walks around with it all proud. I am planning a few things that will walk in the steps on the great micro master DANALLY
Old 08-22-2011, 09:18 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepkid View Post
As of right now this is the comp micro and I got ideas for a scaler that I may or may not make. I am still too focused on my 2.2 comp rig to focus directly on micro, my daughter loves this truck so much. So much she walks around with it all proud. I am planning a few things that will walk in the steps on the great micro master DANALLY
You are too kind

I am moving on to more scaler types myself. I bought a Sumo micro and can't wait to show you all how I used Sumo parts to make some cool Micro's. I have a rock racer that is turning out SICK

Can't wait to see what you come up with.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:56 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Alright guys, I got thee micro servo and the lipo's for this. Should have it all going in a bit. My oldest daughter comes home tonight from her grandmas and I want it ready for her. The stock servo cant handle the Miclaws, so I hope 31oz in will do. I want to figure out a few thing and see if dig is possible with the BWD chassis. I can almost do so of the stupid lines I want this little dude to do. This brings me back to the MOA idea I have had and still have the drawn up ideas for. Could we see a MOA from me?
Old 08-23-2011, 06:25 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Yes? No? What do you think?
Old 08-23-2011, 06:33 PM   #15
RCC Addict

Beaking out the Walmart Jeep! Sorry I am not a huge fan of these. I tried cutting one up and it went into the trash. The best thing about the top is the room under it to fit electronics. You could fit a 4 channel system with a winch and 4ws! Good luck
Old 08-23-2011, 06:37 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

I did chop it up a bit already. I will have to get pics of it cut up. Idk if I will do it up this way, as I have no idea where to start on a scaler. I do like the looks of the body, but want to keep the free micro compish. I may wait a bit till my hand is forced to buy another micro and do a micro TTC. Thta would have to have sumo axles.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:27 PM   #17
RCC Addict

Do you like your micro's to go super slow or have some wheel speed?
Old 08-23-2011, 09:37 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANALLY View Post
Do you like your micro's to go super slow or have some wheel speed?
I got the 2s today and I can control it very well. It seems smoother then some say they are with 2s. I know my daughter likes it. I'll try to get pics up tomorrow with the chopped JK boby and the servo and lipo I got for 14bucks