RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Superclass Crawlers (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/superclass-crawlers/)
-   -   Gauging interest for super foams from CI (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/superclass-crawlers/506540-gauging-interest-super-foams-ci.html)

Diamond D 08-28-2014 06:02 AM

Gauging interest for super foams from CI

So the purpose of this thread is to see what you guys would be interested in as far as super foams. So post up what foams in particular you would be interested in or if you don't know post up what size tire you are running. Eddie at crawler innovations used to make a 7.25" closed cell foam and also a 7.75" as well. My hopes is to have Eddie produce these again, or at least another run of them. Keep in mind that these foams will be for a 115mm or 4.5" wheel.

ROWDY RACING 08-28-2014 06:24 AM

Re: Gauging interest for super foams from CI

Was lucky enough to get one of the last sets when Eddie built my super Voodoos. If I ever need another set it would be nice to have them available.

Jslick 08-28-2014 06:34 AM

I would be interested also, I don't have my rig yet so I am not sure what size tires are on it and what size foams I might need."thumbsup"

Tom G 08-28-2014 08:05 AM

I'd be interested in at least 2 sets of ( 8 ea.) 7 3/4 super foams

Tom G "thumbsup"

Tom G 08-28-2014 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diamond D (Post 4877242)
So the purpose of this thread is to see what you guys would be interested in as far as super foams. So post up what foams in particular you would be interested in or if you don't know post up what size tire you are running. Eddie at crawler innovations used to make a 7.25" closed cell foam and also a 7.75" as well. My hopes is to have Eddie produce these again, or at least another run of them. Keep in mind that these foams will be for a 115mm or 4.5" wheel.

I'm looking for the 7.75"

Get King Gee to post up on this thread

KingGee 08-28-2014 09:34 AM

Here i am and yes please. Id like 7.75 as well for my 8" voodoos. Ive wanted to mess around with comp cutting them but until available im stuck. Id be down for 2 full sets. "thumbsup"

cboggs 08-28-2014 11:49 AM

I would be in for 2 full sets of 7.75" foams as well."thumbsup"

rofo 08-28-2014 12:03 PM

I would be in for at least one full set of 7.75". Probably 2 full sets.

Nova's Ark 08-28-2014 01:09 PM

1st, thank you for starting the thread."thumbsup"

2nd, CI has Soft, Medium, & Firm Super Nova Outers in Stock.

3rd, I'm open to producing another run of either 7.25 or 7.75 inners. The 7.75" was the more popular size. I'd prefer one size or the other at this point due to how long they sit and how much space they take.

4th; Something that would benefit the sport/hobby & manufactures would be to create the Super Class Wheel, Tire, & Foam Guidelines. We have already wasted years not defining some basic guidelines and the true builders class of the supers has flat lined. Super Class wheel size & tire size MUST be DEFINED if you ever expect a manufacturer to invest the money. It takes money to make money. The upfront cost for a Super size Plastic wheel & rubber tire is scary. I've said it for years that the lack of guidelines is the class's own downfall.

The "Pros" of the Super Class have all used 115mm wheels. No one competing has won with 3.2" or 3.8" wheels on the National Level in over five years. Make the standard wheel size 115mm for all USRCCA Supers. A standardized wheel size means that tires and foams can be based off it.

The Super Nova line of dual stage foams used 115mm wheels. However I would still get interest in people wanting 3.2 or 3.8 super foams because it's what they had laying around. It makes no sense to me that you can throw anything together for a super. 1.9" Wheels are required in the 1.9" Class. 2.2" is required for 2.2"; but the Super Class can run anything except a 1.9 or 2.2? Does anyone else see the confusion in that logic? Or is it just me? Standards or Guidelines define a class and shape the products that will be made for it.

Curcal 08-28-2014 01:13 PM

I run wheels with trencher side walls not sure what that is in mm but id be interested for sure.

ROWDY RACING 08-28-2014 01:18 PM

Some super 6 bolts would be the cats meow.

Jslick 08-28-2014 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROWDY RACING (Post 4877562)
Some super 6 bolts would be the cats meow.

That would be totally awesome!!:twisted:

filotr14lsdude 08-28-2014 05:17 PM

7.75 would be the better choice.

Curcal 08-28-2014 05:45 PM

Speaking of 115mm wheels... what tires are there with a 115mm bead?

Diamond D 08-28-2014 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nova's Ark (Post 4877550)
1st, thank you for starting the thread."thumbsup"

2nd, CI has Soft, Medium, & Firm Super Nova Outers in Stock.

3rd, I'm open to producing another run of either 7.25 or 7.75 inners. The 7.75" was the more popular size. I'd prefer one size or the other at this point due to how long they sit and how much space they take.

4th; Something that would benefit the sport/hobby & manufactures would be to create the Super Class Wheel, Tire, & Foam Guidelines. We have already wasted years not defining some basic guidelines and the true builders class of the supers has flat lined. Super Class wheel size & tire size MUST be DEFINED if you ever expect a manufacturer to invest the money. It takes money to make money. The upfront cost for a Super size Plastic wheel & rubber tire is scary. I've said it for years that the lack of guidelines is the class's own downfall.

The "Pros" of the Super Class have all used 115mm wheels. No one competing has won with 3.2" or 3.8" wheels on the National Level in over five years. Make the standard wheel size 115mm for all USRCCA Supers. A standardized wheel size means that tires and foams can be based off it.

The Super Nova line of dual stage foams used 115mm wheels. However I would still get interest in people wanting 3.2 or 3.8 super foams because it's what they had laying around. It makes no sense to me that you can throw anything together for a super. 1.9" Wheels are required in the 1.9" Class. 2.2" is required for 2.2"; but the Super Class can run anything except a 1.9 or 2.2? Does anyone else see the confusion in that logic? Or is it just me? Standards or Guidelines define a class and shape the products that will be made for it.

I posted this in the rules committee section. You def have some good points that should be addressed. "thumbsup"

KingGee 08-28-2014 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curcal (Post 4877813)
Speaking of 115mm wheels... what tires are there with a 115mm bead?

Your standard 40 series tire fits the 115mm wheels nicely. Very little glue needed to secure the tire to the wheels.

Tom G 08-29-2014 08:43 AM

The consequences seam's to be of those who have posted up like 7.75". A quick count of those that have posted so far would be 44 ea of the 7.75 inner's

Since SUPER is a builders class ! if CI only offered 1 style say 7.75 inner's guys would adapt there needs. If someone like's larger then 40 series wheels they can re-cut the inner's to fit there need's. "thumbsup"

At least the option would be out there.

ROWDY RACING 08-29-2014 10:32 AM

In a class that has been reduced to extremely low numbers I do not think rule changes that will make currently used wheels and tires illegal is a good decision.

EverettY 08-29-2014 10:35 AM

If anyone needs tires I'll be here to make super tires as well "thumbsup"

picklewagon 08-29-2014 05:29 PM

I'm very interested in this thread. I would be in to super foams, not sure what size my wheels are... Dlux wheels with Moab xL sidewalls. The BIGGEST argument I hear for not building a super is "no one makes tires". If a standard wheel size was adopted, someone could make a crawler specific tire for them (wishful thinking), possibly pushing the class forward in the long term. I agree that this could bump some people to illegal wheels on their rigs, but let's think long term.... If a wheel size was adopted, would it be fair to phase out old sizes by starting a comps with more points than 0... Meaning you start with 2 points in 2015... start with 4 points in 2016... You start with 6 points in 2017... It would give encouragement to change wheels, while not omitting anyone with other size wheels on their rigs.

Whatever happens, I love driving my super berg, I'd buy 2 complete sets of foams. I'll send my paypal now as a preorder if you would like... If they are too big to store, I'll keep all of CI's stock in my basement and ship them out as they sell.