Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: Got some pics of the first test run of my Super.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2009, 06:38 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Got some pics of the first test run of my Super.

Hey everyone,
I just took some pics of my Super finally out on the rocks here in tampa, fl. I saw some rocks that lined a beach shore near a major highway and thought i`d check it out. The rocks were super narly but it was certainly a good test. Sorry for no video of it, but its hard to run the Super and video tape at the same time since i was alone lol It was a good day all in all. The test run didnt last long but it was certainly long enough for me to test my rig out and it went great!
Heres some pics, enjoy

Just a pic of the Super (still havent given it a name yet)
http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o...lerpics025.jpg

http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o...lerpics019.jpg

http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o...lerpics020.jpg

http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o...lerpics021.jpg

Heres a couple of pics of the area i was at. This may be my new crawler spot till further notice lol
http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o...lerpics022.jpg

http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o...lerpics023.jpg

http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o...lerpics024.jpg
Now the pics of my Super on the rocks, i drove the truck into those....i just didnt simply place the truck on the rocks, that would of been too easy ;) . The rocks were huge and with some wierd size gapping in between them so it made it REALLY challenging. It surely beats the railroad ties that we have in our front yard surround a huge tree we have lol. Well i hope you enjoyed the pics!
ToTheMAXXcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2009, 08:10 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Looks good, buddy

If you use the [IMG] option at the bottom of the attaching options, you'll end up with a direct posting of the picture on this, or any, forum. Similar to this:

DeaDShorT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 08:58 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Sweet bro thanx a million! i was actually looking on how to post the pics like that. I appreciate it Dead! By the way, forgot to mention i did have some problems while i was testing it....and the most nagging is the Moped ESC has a annoying heitation that i have to look into. Also, the servos worked great....but im not getting as much steering throw in the front like i want it. The rear actually has more steering throw then the front but i`ll figure that out.
Old 09-26-2009, 09:49 PM   #4
RCC Addict

The Moped does have the hesitation from forward to reverse, it's very irritating to say the least. If you're going to buy a new esc anytime soon, I'd look at the new one John over at Holmes Hobbies just cooked up. Sounds pretty sweet.

As for your steering, I think the closer to parallel you can run the drag link to the tierod, the better off everything will be. But I've seen stranger setups than yours work very well, too.

EDIT...I just looked at the pic of the rear steering, thats what you need to shoot for with the front end! Move the draglink down on the servo arm and rotate the arm to compensate for the increased length. No more steering issue.

Try this for some tips:
http://www.rccrawler.com/strongsteering.html

Last edited by DeaDShorT; 09-26-2009 at 10:14 PM.
DeaDShorT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 10:11 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Yea its odd....because the rear steering i left parallel which works great so im not changing that. But the front is a different story. I had the front set parallel like you said and it still did not give me the right throw i wanted. I`ll check out the link you posted Dead and if i figure it out i`ll certainly change it. I appreciate ya Dead once again!
Old 09-26-2009, 11:02 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Default Awesome super

Glad to see more supers being built or being brought out of the closet
hardhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 11:11 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Thanx Hard......i liked how it turned out, but like any project.....this one is still not done yet lol
Old 09-27-2009, 12:48 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

See thats what i dont understand. Ive got the rear set up just like you said and it works perfectly. The front on the other hand is a whole other story. I tried to level out the drag link in the front and it just doesnt work, it limits the steering throw a lot (the servo will only throw the steering at about 50% thats about it) But if i put the drag link on top of the servo it steers better, which i find very odd. I think maybe the steering is being limited as the battery looses energy. Thats my thoughts i guess about that. But im still not sure why the rear steer works when the drag link is level, but the front works when the drag link is not so level. Hmm...ill play with it a little bit i guess. I read the link again about steering setup, maybe i`ll figure something out lol
Old 09-27-2009, 06:32 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Have you looked at your drag link and tie rod clearance? I had to bend mine or it would not clear the axle housing. Also could not see clearly in the pics if you had trimmed the stops off of the knuckles.

Just a couple thoughts you may have already ckecked out.. Looks great though

Just built a super this year myself, and I really like it.
Good luck to you if you compete.
rex21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 06:42 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Yea the top of the knuckles were already modified when i bought the axles a few months back. I thought about just flipping the axles since the rear has way more steering throw. I do know that the tie rod clears the axle housing but im not sure about the drag link, havent looked at it closely really. Rex, i hope to compete sometime in the future but right now, i dont even think i`m ready for anything Comp wise right now lol i`m actually having too much fun just bashing my Big Evil Super for right now lol haha

Last edited by ToTheMAXXcrawler; 09-28-2009 at 09:45 AM.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:47 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

What chassis is that? It looks really nice.
Spiftacu1ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 12:39 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

To tell you the truth i really dont know. I bought it on ebay when i started my project. But its a nice peice for sure but i can not take credit for it at all and i need to put in some more bracing for it since the chassis itself flexes somewhat but its not very noticeable. Wish i could give you more info on it.
Old 10-01-2009, 12:41 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Sweet build you got there..I like that chassis too.
Jeepial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 12:46 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

I appreciate the kind words Jeepial