Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: DVO's Gecko II Clod: Version - Unknown...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2010, 12:41 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default DVO's Gecko II Clod: Version - Unknown...

It's been a long while since I posted anything about my Clod, so, here we go...

What's the same... Tranny cases, motors, links, chassis, CC BEC, axle shafts, stubs, wheels and tires... I chose to keep the stock cases for a couplea reasons... Not too keen on the nickel finish of the Integy ones and the plastic slides better than aluminum anyhow, IMHO...

What's new... Dual Sidewinders, HiTec 5955TG in the rear, JR 9001T up front.. Integy axle tubes, C's, knuckles, steel internal gears and locker, servo mounts and braces... Spektrum AR6100e dual diversity 6ch RX paired with a Spektrum DX6i TX for some rather cool things..

The ESC's are on the throttle and rudder channels and mixed 100% with the rudder slaved to the throttle... I can turn off that mix and make my Clod spin in place, move sideways, dig front or rear... With the mixing engaged, it's like driving a single ESC machine on the throttle... When I make a climb and Clod stall kicks in, I just kick a bit of right rudder and over-ride the mix, temporarily, and give the rear motor a bit of a boost and I make the climb without having to over-speed the front end... Going down-hill is much easier, too... I go forward and when I want to slow down, I kick some left rudder and slow the rear end down with the front not gripping and flipping me over... It's awesome... And dual ESC's do provide better drag brake, too...

The servo's are on the elevator and aileron channels... I could mix them, too, I suppose, but, that would defeat the purpose... Main front end is on aileron, rear on elevator in such a way that up and right is hard right turn, down right, crab right and so on... I've found that crabbing up some entry points does make it fair easier... as does being able to spin in place like a tank or move sideways like nothing else...;)

The BEC has a dbl ended Deans on it so I can run a 2S/5 cell RX pack or put it inline of my batter leads... The ESC's are wired into a Y to use a 2S1p 6200 LiPo pack in the belly pan... Or I can run one each on its own 3S pack, or, I have yet another Y for them to go to 3S2P...

I still have that old Dodge body with what's left of the Clod roll-bar... Tho' I have been using the B-17 Betty I got with my Axial on it lately... I have an F-150 from a project that got... Re-routed... I'm going to use in the next while...

Top View

Left side...

Right side...

And close up of the top-plate and main ELX... Yes there are 3 switches total... 1 for each ESC and one for the BEC to the RX... Maybe a lot, but, I don't mind...

I'm a few steps closer to the rig I want... Next upgrade will be dual out-runners... Hopefully, a pair of eFlite Power 25's...

Last edited by DaViolentOne; 02-05-2010 at 12:48 PM.
DaViolentOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2010, 01:50 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

lookin good!
Irishchamp is offline   Reply With Quote