Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: My First Clod Buster

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2017, 11:18 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default My First Clod Buster

Forgive me if this post isn't in the right section. Didn't know if this was only for modded crawler Clods or all clods. And if it's only for modded crawler clods... does this go in the Monster Truck section?

Finally got a Clod Buster and have been building it over the last 3 weeks. *Right now in it's current incarnation it's pretty much stock except for full ball-bearings.

Current

Electronics: *Hobbywing Quicrun 860 dual brushed, Tamiya Silver Cans
DriveTrain: Full Ball-Bearings

Future *(I've already got parts lined up for future modification of this big boy.)

I'm going to run it for a while in it's stock form until all the upgrade parts come in and I have time to mess with it.

Chassis, nothing special

Hobbywing Quicrun 860 Dual Brushed Esc

Pictures of body

Mounted on truck

I have not figured out what I want to do with the fog lamps on the roll bar yet. *I considered putting the yellow decals on it, but I thought the yellow would clash too much with the paint job. *I'll probably end up making my own white blank stickers to put over those fog lamps.

I also have a light kit on the way that will be added to this clod as well.

Here's the future of this clod.... or not. Still haven't decided whether just to keep this clod as is and order another set of axles and wheels for the mod clod parts.

soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2017, 01:34 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: My First Clod Buster

Nice looking clod, I am debating if I should buy another clod myself and build it stock, I love how they look not much how they drive, might explain why I built 2 clod crawlers and have an unfinished tube clod crawler also...
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 11:32 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Wow, that takes me back. It's been 29 years since my Clod was in that condition. Had to make my own chassis, lowering and lightening it to make it handle (okay, so it wouldn't roll over in the corner at those massive speeds generated by the stock motors and six cell nicad). I still have it, but it needs new motors.

Will you be running this, or making it a shelf queen?
DavidH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 12:13 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidH View Post
Wow, that takes me back. It's been 29 years since my Clod was in that condition. Had to make my own chassis, lowering and lightening it to make it handle (okay, so it wouldn't roll over in the corner at those massive speeds generated by the stock motors and six cell nicad). I still have it, but it needs new motors.

Will you be running this, or making it a shelf queen?
"Carefully" running it! Especially with that stock hard body.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 01:34 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I just opened my super clod box last night, starting to build it up 100% stock. Looking forward to driving a big old school beast for a while before I tear into it.
alexleblanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 08:43 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I don't need a nice stock clod......I don't need a nice stock clod.....I don't need a nice stock clod...i will probably end up buying another clod and build it stock, they just look so cool
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote

My First Clod Buster - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
It's not a Clod Buster - It's the God Buster SINNER Tamiya Clod Buster 5 11-28-2006 07:08 AM