Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Here is a tuber I built the last two days

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2005, 06:08 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Here is a tuber I built the last two days

Specs:
Axles: TLT Front and Rear (Locked)
Shocks: Maxx
Tube: Solid 3/16" and 1/8" MIG welded
WB: 15"
Suspension: 4 Links 3/16" and DuBro Monster Links
Transmission: pede (Locked)
Drive Shafts: Maxx

Still to come....Paint Job and Stickers, Desert Camo binkitop, LED Lights, and who knows what elses....ENJOY...

What do you think??????

Thanks for looking.......
Jeeprockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2005, 08:23 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Holy wheelbase batman. What's that set at? Also, have you used the dubro links before? From my experience looking at them, they don't appear too strong so I've always steered away from them. Along with their price.
Plays_with_Toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 08:35 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

No the WB is not at the right distance....Its about 1"-2" to far out. I ran out of Dubro links so I could not make the linkages. As far as using the DuBro I have no trouble....What do you use? Thanks
Old 09-22-2005, 10:11 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

looks like it is sitting too low, and the shocks on the links will give you crazy artic. those springs might not be stiff enough also. are those maxx drive shafts??
do you think that you could give us some measurements? like center clearence, wb, etc.....

peace
harris
Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 11:48 PM   #5
Im Brandon

I broke a few of those links, gave up on them and switched to the REVO links. The hold up fine but if you hit something hard enough or get in a bind watch out!
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 08:28 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harris
looks like it is sitting too low, and the shocks on the links will give you crazy artic. those springs might not be stiff enough also. are those maxx drive shafts??
do you think that you could give us some measurements? like center clearence, wb, etc....
Harris...As far as the WB it is going to be approximately 15" the center clearence is going to be 3"- 3 1/2" with the slidable shocks on the links. Yes I do get some artic but I think the springs are just right.

Nluvwithxlr8ing: As far as bending those links. They are made out of 3/16" solid tubing. It took my hammer to bend those. I dont think I have to worry about bending them only the link ends breaking and also they are only 4" and 4.5" long....

I keep you all updated...Thanks
Old 09-23-2005, 10:40 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeprockcrawler
Harris...As far as the WB it is going to be approximately 15" the center clearence is going to be 3"- 3 1/2" with the slidable shocks on the links. Yes I do get some artic but I think the springs are just right.

Nluvwithxlr8ing: As far as bending those links. They are made out of 3/16" solid tubing. It took my hammer to bend those. I dont think I have to worry about bending them only the link ends breaking and also they are only 4" and 4.5" long....

I keep you all updated...Thanks
Which is it? Solid or tubing? it can't be both.

That thing needs some work. The WB is too long. The links are toooooooo far apart at the chassis. The Dubro links are awesome. I've never broken one or even had a problem with them at all. But use the misalignment spacer that comes with them on the axle side.
rckjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 11:03 AM   #8
Rock Stacker

it is 3/16 solid and yes I need to add the mislinging I just did not have longer enough bolt.
Old 09-23-2005, 11:53 AM   #9
Im Brandon

Sorry, I didnt mean break the link, I meant broke the rod ends. I totally agree with you that the actual links are almost bulletproof
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 12:47 PM   #10
wsb

Seems to be too much trianglation in the upper links on the rear. Aren't the links going to smash into the springs when the suspension is articulated?

Wayne
wsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 01:20 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsb
Seems to be too much trianglation in the upper links on the rear. Aren't the links going to smash into the springs when the suspension is articulated?

Wayne
No they are bent around the springs. The shock fully compress without the springs getting in the way. I also get about 70-80 degrees of artic in the rear so far....Also I can move the shock on the upper mount and on the links....