Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: cheaper source for tlt axles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2006, 09:34 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default cheaper source for tlt axles

Mods if you would like to delete this thats fine. I only posted this in small scale since 90% of the trucks here use these axles.

I went to Earls (lhs) today and they sold this package to me. Its a tamiya bag with all the axle inners.(Axle shafts, ring gear, pinion gear, brackets to go on the outside of the axles for suspension links, greese, bushings, drive cups, spider gears, pretty much all you need to build an axle. The shafts are even the newer and beefer tlt ones. You would still need 12 mm hexes, wheel nuts and the axle halves. They had the axle cases for $4.00. This kit suggested retail is $42.00. I think I paid about $35.00. So for about $45.00 you have 2 new complete TLT axles. The part # on the bag is 9404445.
Attached Images

crawldaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2006, 09:40 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

What about knuckles? How about the kingpin screws to hold the knuckles in place?

BTW, RBGerrish has full TLT axles(w/ BB's), hex to hex for $80 @ Tammies. Although a TLT kit can be had for $60-$80 depending on when you buy nowdays....
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 11:48 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Good point, all we're really looking at here is internals. Once again it's still going to be worth the money after all is said and done to just get the whole kit...
armedtotheteeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 08:25 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Well you can get the cases for pretty cheap if I'm not mistaken. So if the bag is $35, you could the knuckles and cases for about another $15? So $50 or so for just the axles. Not a bad deal. Thanks!!!! I have a Basher tube chassis sitting here all set up minus axles. Looks like I know where to find them.

Last edited by rerock; 03-10-2006 at 08:26 AM. Reason: Spelling
rerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 09:44 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

I just checked Tower and Tamiya, this part number is discontinued on Tower and is $69 from Tamiya. Sounds like a good idea in theory but these guys are right. Why pay $70 - $80 for parts when you can get the complete kit for $80.
gone_wheelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 05:10 PM   #6

You guys have a link for these pre-built axles?
Bobby Cumbersum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 05:46 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Cumbersum
You guys have a link for these pre-built axles?

Who mentioned "pre-built" axles? The axles themselves are super easy to put together.

Contact rbgerrish here on the board, he's a vendor and has TLT axles in stock from last I heard. Or check the vendors forum and read the Tammies Update thread
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote