Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: why go with a aftermarket frame

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2007, 08:12 PM   #1

Default why go with a aftermarket frame

what is so wrong with the stock tlt frame? mine works great and i dont see were a new frame would help me. my crawler goes just about anywere. so why are thay better?
nitrous nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2007, 08:25 PM   #2

some reasons for a aftermarket chasiss is to get more ground clearance, lower COG, to fit upgraded transmissions, weight reduction.. and im sure there are some more
Jakub
tltmudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 08:26 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Aftermarket chassis' will provide better center of gravity, better ground clearance, more adjustabilty, and even better performance. They are better in just about every category.
mrwonderful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 09:36 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

The only thing a aftermarket chassis is not good for is the wallet
Rc EnthuSiasTs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 10:04 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Why? Well why not, I know that I personally cant stand to have the exact same thing as my neighbor. Anyone can put together a kit and use the parts that are just given to them. I would rather carve out my own path. RC crawling couldnt advance any further than it is now with out people out there engineereing different ways to get the same job done, mostly more efficiently. If everyone settled for the same stock frame, what fun would it be? it would be more competitive because everyone would be forced to run the same thing, but the sport wouldnt advance anywhere.
NatalieMorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 11:02 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

because theres nothing like a properly setup SW2, J2, XRC etc... the time all these guys put into designing their chassis really shows when you get them dialed in right. put your stock tlt chassis up against a real comp crawler, one time, and youll wanna replace it... i promise.
dieselfuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 11:28 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwonderful
Aftermarket chassis' will provide better center of gravity, better ground clearance, more adjustabilty, and even better performance. They are better in just about every category.
Yup, had my stocker all cut up and pretty dialed...but it's still not as good as a well designed aftermarket chassis.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 05:23 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

I have a few crawlers with aftermarket frames and one using the stock chassis (mostly to expunge spare parts from the cabinets in the garage) and the stocker hold up pretty well among the group.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 09:28 PM   #9

well il have to get to a comp. this summer and see how it does. im not nocking the use of aftermarket just cant see all the hipe that everyone has to have one im very happy with my stock set up

thanks NN
nitrous nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 09:30 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous nut
well il have to get to a comp. this summer and see how it does. im not nocking the use of aftermarket just cant see all the hipe that everyone has to have one im very happy with my stock set up

thanks NN
Yes, but have you ever actually crawled with someone else?

Everyone thinks their trucks are godly because they are so capable compared to anything else they have ever run... until they actually run against a dialed rig with a skilled driver.

It just happens.
Unholy is offline   Reply With Quote