Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: quick suspension ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2005, 07:02 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default quick suspension ?

i have just finished building a new chassis, that looks prettey much the same as a blulu chassis. well im at the point of attaching the links all up and i got one side done.
and i noticed that when i flex the suspension, it will like move the axel off center towards the side that is being lifted up. is this normal? i dont remember it doing that before. but its been a while sense it was put together so i could be wrong.
and if its not supposed to do that how could i fix it?
im running over the servo links and i noticed that they are not level, they angle down to the chassis. could that be the problem.
yoda316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2005, 09:20 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

It shouldn't move that much, that usually leads to torque steer. Without some pics, it will be tough to diagnose. If you don't have a digicam, do a rough sketch in MSpaint of your suspension setup.
Plays_with_Toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 11:10 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

heres a junky ms paint drawling. i have a digi cam but i lost the cable to hook it into the computer and dont know where to buy one.
http://img209.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img2...asssis17be.png
the over the servo mount is from that one guy who posted the demensions of it and it uses the stock upper link bracket on top of the over the servo mount thing.
on the chassis the bottom links each use one ball end to space them out from the chasssis. the uppers on the chassis are on the inside and use no spacers. the links in the pic i made are at about the right angles. i think the uppers are too angled but i donnt see how it could be making it do this. and the shocks are rear pede shocks.
i just measured how far they move. 1 1/2 inches. so basically if i lift the right side , the whole axle moves to the right more and more as i lift it.
and also it doesnt change anything if i take the shocks off. but if i take the upper links off it doesnt do it.
Old 03-03-2005, 11:41 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

well i tried to fix it today with no results. all i tried was to mount the upper links directly to the over axle mount i made instead of on the bracket. it didnt do any thing. lol. any ideas?
but one thing did happen, i ran out of screws and nuts. so i am looking on mcmaster and i cant find any of those small nuts that you put on the front of the axle that are used to hold together the axle. anybody have a link. are they .5 mm pitch?
would these work http://www.mcmaster.com/itm/find.ASP...ring=90592A009
http://www.mcmaster.com/itm/find.ASP...ring=92005A130
and one last thing. when you move the lower link brackets to the back of the axle what washers are you using? i couldnt even come close to finding those.

Last edited by yoda316; 03-03-2005 at 11:49 PM.
Old 03-04-2005, 12:43 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

I used m3 washers p/n 0125A2 on mcmaster

As for the nuts, they should just be normal 3mm nuts. Not lock nuts or anything like that.
Plays_with_Toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 01:21 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

that part number didnt work. do the washers have to fit down into the ressesed holes that the screw head would normaly be in , or can they just go over the holes. if they dont have to than i got my screw situation worked out. thanks.
now i just have to figure out the suspension i am gonna try to make the upper links more level by moving the mounting positions up on the chassis.
how far are you guy's links seperated on the chassis? right now mine are a little less than 1/2'' apart.
then i also have to find 2 more 4'' shocks, hey i know i still have my original gold rc-10 mabey i can rob the rear shocks off it. and somehow mount a body.
then itll be done for now.