Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Shock question, SW2 chassis, TLT axles, 1/8 scale buggy shocks - Any good?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2007, 09:21 PM   #1
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Default Shock question, SW2 chassis, TLT axles, 1/8 scale buggy shocks - Any good?

I am building a SW2 with TLT axles. I race a Sportwerks(Losi) Mayhem Pro buggy (1/8 nitro) and have I plenty of extra parts for it. In particular are the shocks. The shock bodies are hard anodized threaded aluminum. I do have maxx size shocks for the SW2, but would prefer to use something better than the cheap plastic traxxas shocks.

Should I use the front buggy shocks on the front and the rear shocks on the rear?

I have several sets of different tension springs for the buggy shocks and plenty of different shock oil. My thought was to run soft springs with 10 weight oil. Any opinions?

I tried doing a few searches and did not find anything matching. I am concerned that the rear shocks could be too long and the fronts might be too short. Is that a valid concern?

Thank you for any advice.
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2007, 11:26 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

not sure about Losi shocks, but I used the front shocks from my Kyosho ST before and they work great, except that you will have to get much softer springs and you may have to have to limit the travel a bit depending on your set up. Rear shocks were way too long and had too much travel for my rig.
Defender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 11:55 PM   #3
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Thank you for the response. I figured the rear shocks from a 1/8 scale buggy might be too long. I have the white springs, which are the softest springs they make. They are too light for racing in my buggy, but might be perfect for crawling.
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote