Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut

Notices

Thread: Gearing help?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2005, 02:29 AM   #1
Nope..

Default Gearing help?

I was reading once and found what was basically a gearing breakdown of a TXT with a GD600. I found it and being an idiot didn't save it. Can someone help me? I'm looking at getting a little higher ratio as a 9 tooth on the motor and the GD are REALLY slow and I just can't spin the tires fast enough sometimes.
Brainstain is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2005, 09:38 AM   #2
2006 2.2 National Champ

Go with the 18t pinion, that comes with the GD, on the stock motor. Then just run a stock 15t, that comes with the TXT, on the output of the GD. I'm running this same set-up, I have good wheelspeed and torque.
BENDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 01:10 PM   #3
Nope..

Well, I am having a hard time getting the motor plate off. I took all three screws out and kinda pulled on it and it's like it's still bolted on or something. So, I kept the 9 tooth on the gd and put an 18t pinion on the motor. It's WAY more peppy now. I still have some things to do to the truck, so for now this is good. I need a lathe motor pretty bad because this speed gems motor sucks *** for torque.
Brainstain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 07:34 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

There are four screws that need to be removed to get the motor plate off. The three that you have removed plus one on the opposite side of the transmission that secures the shaft that the "spur" gear rides on.
This will allow the motor plate, the gear and shaft to be removed together so when you change the pinion the gear mesh can be adjusted correctly.
old_dog is offline   Reply With Quote