Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya XC/CC01

Notices

Thread: Blue Pajero getting ready for the summer scale comp

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2009, 08:00 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Blue Pajero getting ready for the summer scale comp

Here is my Pajero right after I finished it.

Linky to the original build thread CC01 Pajero

We are having a scale comp at Little Rock City, Alabama in July with a special class just for XC chassis so I have been working to get it more comp ready. I have weighted the wheels, made a front skid plate, and added a belly pan to smooth the bottom out so it doesn't get hung up as easily. I need to remove the heavy spare from the roof rack and maybe add some more small scale items.

nascarkeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2009, 11:46 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Wow that looks awesome! I really want a Pajero after seeing yours!
Knytemare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 02:21 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Location: Its a language (not mine) and a utensil all rolled into one messed up city.

I like it, Looks ready to tear up the trail.

We're doing several scale events out here this summer using the CC-01s also. I've had several of these starting way back in 2003, my new one is almost finished.

I can't wait, I have sort of a soft spot for the XC trucks.
JSSuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:42 PM   #4

Wow! You did a great job!
caspers_crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 04:58 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

yours looks soooo much better than mine!!!!
trailduster79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 10:20 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

I like the skid plate great idea i will use
nytuber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 07:38 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

I took the Pajero and my newly finished Blazer out yesterday for a little scale action and shot some video. The right rear shock/spring has went a little soft on me so you can hear a good bit of tire rub but I plan to fix that A.S.A.P.

Old 05-20-2009, 08:22 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

both look very nice and great video!!!
scalerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:52 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

I have been reading a lot in the CC-01 forum lately since I am trying to get mine ready for the upcoming comp at Little Rock City in July. I saw the mods that were posted in Blackfoot's thread and decided to try them out. I shaved the front suspension to get more steering and droop.

I also talked to Pantablo about doing the chassis lift but realized that it would really help me unless I took off the belly pan. I didn't want to do that so I got to thinking and realized that the shocks were limiting the distance the A-arms and axle could droop from the body limiting articulation. I decided to add a spacer to the shock mounts to give me the effect of having longer shocks. I used left over TLT bushings from the parts box for my spacers. I put the longer shocks on the rear and the shorter ones on the front. I can't remember how they were set up stock but this way made the rear set a good bit higher so I had to use a longer screw and add two bushings to the front.

The new Stance

Flex Shot

Front Spacer

Rear Spacer

I haven't had the chance for a test run but I think that the increased ground clearance and flex would have to help a little. I shaved a little off the fenders to help clear the tires before I didn't the suspension lift. Now, I might be able to take the body lift off and tuck the tires.

Last edited by nascarkeith; 06-24-2009 at 02:55 PM.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:47 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

I'd remove the body lift. No real reason for it since those tires fit without any issues and if they do rub, just trim some of the flares. If I can make my Flat Irons fit without a body lift, you surely can fit those little RC4wd tires.

If you remove this area of your rear bumper it'll help from getting hung up as often. It's how I have mine trimmed and I hardly get hung up now.

toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 02:24 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

toyofast, I did remove the body lift and it looks better IMHO. Thanks for the info but I don't really want to do any more trimming because I am using this rig in the CC-01/XC class in the comp at LRC in July. I am trying to keep it as scale as possible.

I think I have it ready for the comp. I took the body lift off. Now it tucks the tires.

I also got a license plate made for the rear and a tag for the front. I used some styrene and made a shovel and a hi-lift jack and strapped them on the roof rack so that should be good for some scale points.

Thanks to the mods of RCC for adding the new CC-01 forum. It really got me interested in mine again and gave me the info I needed to do a few mods and get it performing a little better. Also thanks to all the members who have posted some good info and gave me advice along the way.
Old 06-26-2009, 03:33 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

She is lookin great Keith, glad I could be of some help to ya. These CC01's are my all time favorite RCs, followed very closely by the Tamiya Humvee M1025.

That spacer trick, thats a new one and very cheap to do, thanks for postin that up, I need to give that a try on my The MAN build.
blackfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 12:09 AM   #13
Rock Crawler

I had a chance to get out and tinker in the garage tonight so I finally fixed my flickering rear tail light and snapped some pics. One of the connectors on the l.e.d. had come lose.

I just noticed and thought about the pics having the scale4x4.com decals in them. I hope the mods on RCC don't mind. Both sites seem to be pretty friendly toward each other. They were given out at our last GTG and scale4x4 is hosting the upcoming comp I am preparing for so I stuck them on. I will glady display RCC decals if I get some freebies. : )

Last edited by nascarkeith; 07-01-2009 at 12:12 AM.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:02 AM   #14
On the lookout for Rocks

Jero looks good. Can't wait for the Comp in Little Rock City. Hopefully I will have me an XC to run.
constantmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 07:11 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by constantmotion View Post
Jero looks good. Can't wait for the Comp in Little Rock City. Hopefully I will have me an XC to run.
Yeah, I'm kinda excited about it, too. It will be my first comp. These XC rigs are a blast.

I took my jero out for a test run to make sure everything was ready for the comp. While I was out I snapped a few pics and shot some video.

Link to the vid
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showt...36#post1878236
Old 07-27-2009, 11:35 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by constantmotion View Post
Constantmotion did get him an XC to run. It looked great with a Scout CGR body on it. Unfortunetly for him, I beat him by 2 points to win the class.

Here are a few pics.

Old 07-28-2009, 05:57 AM   #17
On the lookout for Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarkeith View Post
Unfortunetly for him, I beat him by 2 points to win the class.
That's right. The little Jero ran it's but off, though....for the win.
constantmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 03:13 PM   #18

congrats on the win, the jero looks cool!
DapperDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 01:24 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Ooooo I like the middle belly pan.... should help to keep the suspension from hanging up.

Here is how I lifted my rear

remove stock shocks... install 4 inch shocks... done!
Flowmastered87GL is offline   Reply With Quote