Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya XC/CC01

Notices

Thread: CC01 Rims and wheels question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2009, 09:37 AM   #1
I joined the Band!

Default CC01 Rims and wheels question

I just bought the RC4WD OEM 1.9 white rims and the Dirt grabber 1.9 tires. Did I make a mistake and buy tires and rims that will be to big for my CC01 Jeep wrangler? Should I have gotten the 1.5's?

Thanks.

**Edit** the rims and wheels are still in the mail
grimgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2009, 11:13 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimgard View Post
I just bought the RC4WD OEM 1.9 white rims and the Dirt grabber 1.9 tires. Did I make a mistake and buy tires and rims that will be to big for my CC01 Jeep wrangler? Should I have gotten the 1.5's?

Thanks.

**Edit** the rims and wheels are still in the mail
No I think they will do fine. I was reading a article about one that used proline 1.9 wheels and tires. they had to add 80mm shocks but with your dirt grabbers you should be ok. But I have never owned a cc-01 so I cant not say im right about this 100%
neoakaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 11:31 AM   #3
0 0

the dirt grabbers are a great size tire for the CC01's. IMO maybe a little small for the wrangler body. should look good though on those wheels.
romulus22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 12:53 PM   #4
I joined the Band!

Just got them in the mail and they are to big and rub. I also cant turn because the wheels are hitting inside the fenders.

Will 1.5's work? what size are the stock tires?

EDIT*** That was strange. After looking under my truck the steering was not rubbing anymore. Must of been my raidio or something because it was acting like it wouldnt steer. Anyways its working now. The tires do rub when thye are stuffed but that is ok. Thanks for the tips.

Last edited by grimgard; 11-07-2009 at 01:01 PM.
Old 11-07-2009, 01:04 PM   #5
0 0

the stock tires are 3.5"
the grabbers are 3.8"

is your suspension really saggy cause you shouldn't be rubbing very much if at all.

here was my jeep on trail doc XL's.....4.25"

Old 11-07-2009, 01:19 PM   #6
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by romulus22 View Post
the stock tires are 3.5"
the grabbers are 3.8"

is your suspension really saggy cause you shouldn't be rubbing very much if at all.

here was my jeep on trail doc XL's.....4.25"
I am using the stock springs and shocks. Now they only rub when stuffed. Did your rub when stuffed?

no rub when sitting still or driving

total rub. Is that normal? The stock tires didnt rub at all. I dont mind rub when stuffed and maybe I should throw some spacers in my shocks the stiffen them up.
Old 11-07-2009, 01:34 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
total rub. Is that normal? The stock tires didnt rub at all. I dont mind rub when stuffed and maybe I should throw some spacers in my shocks the stiffen them up.

Stock tires are smaller, hence the reason they didn't rub. Those tires are larger. Only way to eliminate rubbing is to either do a body lift, a suspension lift, or my favorite.. trim the body.
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 02:11 PM   #8
0 0

the different offset wheels are another reason it rubs. like toyo said you can reduce or possibly eliminate the tires rubbing with a little lift, body lift, or fender trimming.
Old 11-07-2009, 02:12 PM   #9
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyofast View Post
Stock tires are smaller, hence the reason they didn't rub. Those tires are larger. Only way to eliminate rubbing is to either do a body lift, a suspension lift, or my favorite.. trim the body.
Thanks I'll leave it as it is. A little tire rub nver hurt anything.
Old 11-07-2009, 07:48 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Thanks I'll leave it as it is. A little tire rub nver hurt anything.
My tires(Flatirons) only rub on the chassis. I have trimmed quite a bit and also have body lift and suspension "lift"... but I also run a 'Jero body vs. the YJ lid. The 'Jero has more room in the fenders thanks to the rounded wheel wells.
Old 11-07-2009, 08:49 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

I think 80mm shocks would be the sure fire fix for the tire rub. I have a set of 1.55's with Mud Thrashers on the way and will put some 80mm's on when I see how bad the rub is.
fixed13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 12:30 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixed13 View Post
I think 80mm shocks would be the sure fire fix for the tire rub. I have a set of 1.55's with Mud Thrashers on the way and will put some 80mm's on when I see how bad the rub is.
How would shocks fix the rubbing? If using the stock "links" in the rear you can only do so much. Only way to help the rear is to use non-factory parts to gain the lift you need...aka custom links combined with longer shocks or stock shocks mounted in a different location.

Longer shocks doesn't automatically mean "lift" or more travel. You'll still be limited to the suspension setup, especially if factory setup is used.

I am really diggin' my newest rear link setup. Only thing I get hung up on is the driveline and differential.

Up close....

Distance....

Old 11-10-2009, 10:40 AM   #13
I joined the Band!

After running mine on two different days they rims and tires work and fit perfectly. Even on full stuff my 55T has more than enough power to pull it and over the rocks. I am glad I picked the 1.9's over the 1.55's