Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya XC/CC01

Notices

Thread: Soon to be cc01 FJ40 owner need advice please!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2010, 07:30 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Soon to be cc01 FJ40 owner need advice please!

Hey guys I was thinking of getting a landcruiser 40 series as my new scaler..I currently have a 2.2scx10...and just starting to get bored of it damm thing goes anywhere like it never gets stuck no fun lol..

just a few ? for all fellow cc01 owners

My LHS has one ready built by them for $320 with venom 2.2ghz,tamiya levan servo standard motor and standard esc..all painted ready to go...Is that a good price?

I was playing with it and it seems all the diff were open? I heard you can lock the rear? and it comes with a locker in the kit?

Can you go anywhere with open diff?

What mods should I first look at? I was thinking 1.9 proline flatirons for now?

How will it go with my scx10 will it keep up atleast or no?

thanks
Im from australia and all prices are australian so $320 will be around $250us..

heres a pic of my rig
gymjunkie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2010, 09:16 AM   #2

I am in the UK and that price sounds good.

I run a Honcho and a heavily modded SCX10 - the Tamiya is actually a smaller scale and it does struggle with the terrain an SCX can simply cruise over. Anything requiring a little thought from an SCX driver is a no-go for the smaller Tamiya. I like to use mine as a good scale trail driver, fantastic as an off road rig and has good wheel speed and mine is totally standard.

If you want more capability then you'll be breaking the wallet out!
Tim_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 09:18 AM   #3

Oh and I have a locked rear diff, considering locking the front too but a must do upgrade for anything other than tarmac use IMO.
Tim_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 03:09 PM   #4
LR3
Rock Crawler

Look into the GPM parts. They have alot of metal hop up parts for the CC chassis.

BTW: Where did you get those fender flares for that FJ. They look awesome on there and I have been wanting some for mine
LR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 04:43 PM   #5

Default cc01

I'm soon to join with a cc01 with a proline body sould be here middle of the week
Danthebodyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 09:09 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by LR3 View Post
Look into the GPM parts. They have alot of metal hop up parts for the CC chassis.

BTW: Where did you get those fender flares for that FJ. They look awesome on there and I have been wanting some for mine
they look like they are the axial ones
2500hdon37s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 07:35 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

You can lock the front and rear diffs, the proline flatirons would be to tall on the cc-01 I think.

I have an axial based fj40 also, with a few hopups the cc-01 keeps up most places.
Positronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 08:45 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Smile

Thanks fenders are from sxc10tr dingo..going to pick up my cc01 tommorow yay..any tips for tires?stock ones feels way to hard?..and is it hard to lock the diff?..any other thing to buy while I'm only lhs thx
gymjunkie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 11:17 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by gymjunkie23 View Post
Thanks fenders are from sxc10tr dingo..going to pick up my cc01 tommorow yay..any tips for tires?stock ones feels way to hard?..and is it hard to lock the diff?..any other thing to buy while I'm only lhs thx
locking the diff is easy put one of the rear spider gears that you wont use because of the locker it comes with for the rear and put the spider gear inbetween the spider gears in the front diff, basicly jamming up the diff.

and for tires id suggest RC4WD mud thrashers, they are just the right hight, look great, hook up awesome, just need a tad stiffer foam and they are golden!

im thinking of getttin a cc-01 just to use them on, i regret getting rid of my old cc-01 it was the first real rc i had, wasnt super capable with the stock crap tires and an open front diff but it sure was fun!
2500hdon37s is offline   Reply With Quote