Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya XC/CC01

Notices

Thread: Donziikid's CC01 Pajero:

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2010, 03:48 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Donziikid's CC01 Pajero:

Howdy,

I bought a Tamiya Mitsubishi Pajero well over a year ago, but hadn't gotten around to really doing anything with it--much less post anything about it here.

My first impressions are much like everyone else who has had a CC01: great little rig, more capable than really expected, but that front brick just has to go. Oh, and the stock tires make better rocks than they do tires! On order as we speak are some RC4WD 1.9" Mud Thrashers.

My plans for my Mitsu would be of course paint, followed by a few scale upgrades and lights. I would like to make the brake lights clear rather than the solid plastic they are now. Possibly even a few chassis upgrades like relocating the steering servo to over the front suspension. We'll see what happens.

As you can see, the body isn't painted. Any suggestions are certainly welcome!

And here is what I have done today in preparation for the RC4WD tires:

Chopped off that awful brick but still kept the front body mount "bar" for the Pajero shell. The glue on the replacement plastic is drying as I type.

Any comments, critiques or ideas are certainly welcome!

Cheers,
Kyle.
Donziikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2010, 03:10 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

I hope you saved the brick you cut off... I found that the original plastic bonds better to the chassis than white styrene does.

If you dont like the steering get the GPM aluminum ball bearing steering. It improves the steering a lot. Its only like $20 or so.
Flowmastered87GL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 08:19 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Yupp, still have the brick, and thanks for the heads up. It seems to have bonded well, but I'll be sure to keep it just in case.

I have been looking at the GPM steering upgrade and will probably pick it up when I grab a set of ball bearings.

Cheers,
Kyle
Donziikid is offline   Reply With Quote