Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya XC/CC01

Notices

Thread: Lift kits

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2011, 03:04 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Lift kits

Ive seen many people say they have installed a "lift kit" into their cc01. As far as a body lift, I can see how the front would be easy, but what are people doing for the rears? Pics a plus
MnRockCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2011, 07:50 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

If you go with the GPM 4 link you can then mount the rear shocks onto the the lower links themselves. This gives you a bit of a lift:

If you pick up their rear damper mount you lose a little ground clearance, but you then have 4 different heights you can mount the shocks on behind the axle:

Or you could run substantially longer shocks in any of the configurations. I'm running 90mm here (as opposed to the standard 70mm):

Last edited by .bg.; 02-25-2011 at 07:20 AM.
.bg. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 08:32 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

i'm running tlt shocks on the back of my rover with the stock links. not out of hand lift, bout 3/8" i'd say
ol puddin head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 07:09 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

For the rear lift kits see the above posts.... (I run 4 inch shocks on one of my rigs and small spacers on the other)

For the front take the shock off the front end. now droop the suspension down and see where it binds up on the arm and C that holds the steering stuff. Break out a dremel or knife and shave off what is hitting til you get more droop out of it. Then either install longer front shocks or just install a spacer at the top of the stock shock mount and mount it with a longer screw down through the fenderwell.

Some people like to put spacers too between the skid plate / lower suspension mount and the chassis tub... but all the rigs that I have seen like that seem to eat front universals so I didn't go that route.
Flowmastered87GL is offline   Reply With Quote