Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya XC/CC01

Notices

Thread: Need ideas of how to get rear body 1/4" taller

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2012, 11:10 AM   #1

Default Need ideas of how to get rear body 1/4" taller

So, long story short, got my non-stock wheels and tires in for my CC-01 Bronco. I picked up a set of Pro10 1.9 beadlocks and 1.9 Out Croppers form RC4wd. While I have no doubt that I'll be happy with performance, my problem is the website and the tires both say they're 3.58" tall. Problem is, they're a hair over 4". While it doesn't have any problems with the frame, and the stock front body mounts give me plenty of room, the rears are at the max setting and the tires rub.

I'm just wondering if anyone already had any luck raising the body mounts in the rear any particular way before I take it up to the hobby shop and start looking for alternatives.

thanks!
LandonM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2012, 11:56 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Need ideas of how to get rear body 1/4" taller

If the body mounts come off the top of the fenders... just use a spacer between the mount and the fender and a longer screw.

If they come off the back of the fender (like I know a Pajaro and Wrangler do) then take off the rear body mount, turn it sideways (90 degrees) drill holes through it and bolt it back on.
Flowmastered87GL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:31 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Need ideas of how to get rear body 1/4" taller

you can do a suspension lift with spacers, you can also drill another set of holes in the body in the rear 1/4 lower, the front you can put spacers in the black piece that locks the body on the chassis, you can get alittle more in the rear by sanding the mounts on the rear off a little bit,dont sand to much or you wont have enough material to hold ron
kunas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:30 PM   #4

Talking Re: Need ideas of how to get rear body 1/4" taller

[QUOTE=kunas;3616780]you can do a suspension lift with spacers, you can also drill another set of holes in the body in the rear 1/4 lower "

can u show some pics where u put those spacer for the frnt shocks mount, coz im havin some problem with the new sers of tire, its rubbing the fender flare and the portal srews inside bcoz of the beadlocks screw from inside...

sorry for interup, newbie questionaire...
xC Pirates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 04:37 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I put spacers anove the rear shock mounts with some longer screws and it gave me 1/2 more lift than I had before. Plentu of room for articulation.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk
daddyduck is offline   Reply With Quote

Need ideas of how to get rear body 1/4" taller - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Super 300" 4340 MRC front and rear shafts SDS Customz Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 112 04-19-2011 09:18 PM
Scale body with 15" wheelbase - ideas? simon170 General Scale Talk 6 07-25-2009 12:58 PM
Taller body mounts? Dragonfueled Axial SCX-10 2 06-02-2009 07:54 PM