Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya XC/CC01

Notices

Thread: Click Noise!???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2011, 02:07 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Click Noise!???

hello fellas

my cc01 is making a click/pop/skip noise sometimes tho! not always rare and hard for me to force the noise...I will open it all up tomorow but sounds like common ware and tare problem? any ideas? sounds like plastic not metal ...so i guess the rear diff is fine??! but ill will check the whole rig! since it only runs a hand full of dears....

thx.....
Robe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2011, 07:48 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Its usually the main gear cover bouncing up and down and letting the spur bounce up and down too. The causes I have seen in my rig:

1: Worn pinion and/or spur gear
2: Cracked motor mount
3: (most common) stripped or weak threads in chassis tub to hold down gear cover. Drill through and put a nut on the other side.
Flowmastered87GL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 04:21 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowmastered87GL View Post
Its usually the main gear cover bouncing up and down and letting the spur bounce up and down too. The causes I have seen in my rig:

1: Worn pinion and/or spur gear
2: Cracked motor mount
3: (most common) stripped or weak threads in chassis tub to hold down gear cover. Drill through and put a nut on the other side.

All the gears look good! and my chassis is alredy drilled threw and nut bolted!

Motor mout is also good...Am just going to order a whole new gear set! anyone know of a good place for them?

Also my rc4wd gear reduction locked up after a water run! lol sux am kind of let down by their product latley!
Old 11-08-2011, 09:26 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Try RPP for the gear set. Not sure if they have it, but they are a good place to deal with if they do have it

Oh... and sometimes you need to shim the gears to keep them from hopping.

When I assemble the gearbox I put a dab of hot glue on the top of the end of the shaft of the spur gear (on top of the little plastic thing that goes over the shaft and sets down in the chassis tub) Once you squeeze the cover over the hot glue, it will ooze where needed and really keep it rock solid.
Flowmastered87GL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 05:56 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
When I assemble the gearbox I put a dab of hot glue on the top of the end of the shaft of the spur gear (on top of the little plastic thing that goes over the shaft and sets down in the chassis tub) Once you squeeze the cover over the hot glue, it will ooze where needed and really keep it rock solid.
That's a great idea! So simple, it's genius.
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 04:09 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Try RPP for the gear set. Not sure if they have it, but they are a good place to deal with if they do have it

Oh... and sometimes you need to shim the gears to keep them from hopping.

BAMM! am trying that friday night!
Old 11-11-2011, 12:10 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

my had a similar noise once. I tried the main gear cover but it wasn't that. I found after a while that it was the rear diff as something had come lose and was making a horrible noise. Try taking it apart?
George014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 07:20 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by George014 View Post
my had a similar noise once. I tried the main gear cover but it wasn't that. I found after a while that it was the rear diff as something had come lose and was making a horrible noise. Try taking it apart?
I'd check the diff too because the 3 screws that hold them togehther are known to back out if not tightened properly with loc-tite... Seen it happen multiple times and ended up with damaged gears in the axle
AzNKevin4EvA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:23 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

I made a plastic washer to eliminate the play from the bevel.
redjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 10:24 AM   #10

Default Re: Click Noise!???

This was happening to me .
Turns out that it was the gear cover and 2 of the screws had been stripped out and all I did was use a bigger screw and it runs perfectly now .
RC youngin is offline   Reply With Quote