Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya XC/CC01

Notices

Thread: Small problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2013, 04:16 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Small problem

Hey guys so I have a cc-01 jeep and I'm running an axial 27t and the ae2 esc
And when I'm climbing a hill if it starts digging sometimes it will kinda like cut out so I will lose all wheel speed what could be causing this could it be my really old battery (3300 mh 7.2) really old but when I do trail runs the battery will last about 20- 30min at walking pace I also have a traxxas water proof servo and I plan on putting all the electronics I listed in my axial jeep kit when I get it in the summer the cc will get its stock stuff back for alirttle while when i get the new jeep so I was wondering what would cause this
mikemollic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2013, 04:33 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Small problem

depending on what tires you have, you might be bogging down the motor. my pajero will run out of puff sometimes with a 55t. the internal gearbox is geared for highway lol. how fast is your truck on level ground?
Koldham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:32 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

I have 1.9 outcroppers and its i wound say maybe 8-10mph not sure but fast for a much faster then walking pace
Old 04-11-2013, 07:21 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Is the truck completely shutting down or is it bogging out? If its shutting down its possible it could be the internal bec shutting down for a split second. If that's the case throw a castle external bec on it and problem gone. If its bogging then its most likely the battery is not keeping the voltage/amperage demand you need to keep the motor going. The gearing in these trucks are funny that's why most people run a gear reduction and a high turn motor so you can get more torque and slow the truck down.Hope this helps.
Honchoforever1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:17 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

Thx and I wana say its more bogging down and noob question coming up what does a bec do I no people use the but what do the do and how would I attach 1 and I wanted to do a gear reduction but never got around to it but the cc will be back to stock electronics once I get my axial jeep kit the stock esc is so bad
Old 04-11-2013, 02:01 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Castle Creations BEC 10A Switching Regulator that's the bec I was referring to. It comes with instructions on how to install it. You will need a castle link to set the voltage on it because I'm not sure what I comes programmed at. I'm sure somebody on here knows. For more info on them go to the electronics section and search bec.
Honchoforever1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:11 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

if its bogging down, a bec prob wont help you although it is a good upgrade. try changing the motor/pinion
Koldham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:34 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

is the low volt cut off disabled in the AE2? this would shut the motor down completely though.
climbing a hill wont stress the built in bec, things powered off the receiver is what loads the bec
id say your battery or motor is done, or the motor just dont have enough to handle the load of pulling the truck weight uphill
stanmondz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:23 AM   #9
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanmondz View Post
is the low volt cut off disabled in the AE2? this would shut the motor down completely though.
climbing a hill wont stress the built in bec, things powered off the receiver is what loads the bec
id say your battery or motor is done, or the motor just dont have enough to handle the load of pulling the truck weight uphill
U really think the motor could be toast :(it's pretty new but I ran it with the stock esc and it got really hot and made a burning smell but no smoke so after that I had taken it out till I got the AE2 and it hasnt got that hot since I had the ae2
Old 04-17-2013, 01:39 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemollic View Post
U really think the motor could be toast :(it's pretty new but I ran it with the stock esc and it got really hot and made a burning smell but no smoke so after that I had taken it out till I got the AE2 and it hasnt got that hot since I had the ae2
That burning smell is bad, being that hot probably roasted the motor. The 55t is hotter running than I like, because these rigs are geared so high. You might want to replace the motor with a high turn like a 55t or 65t, or put a gru in it or both, that will put less stress on the esc as well as they dont pull the amps like the lower turn (faster) motors do.
lonleycreeper is offline   Reply With Quote

Small problem - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Small problem adamw Axial SCX-10 6 09-13-2011 12:18 AM
small problem..... were's rich? rugerboy Team Losi Comp Crawler 7 11-22-2009 10:31 PM
small motor problem boostedg60rado Electronics 21 07-03-2009 03:22 PM
having a small problem STR8_UP Tamiya TLT Crawlers 7 12-12-2005 03:33 PM