Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya XC/CC01

Notices

Thread: CC01 for a friend

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2013, 02:16 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Talking CC01 for a friend

Well, this will be my 5th CC01 build, and I never get tired of these little trucks.

History behind this rig, Started out life and a CC01 Bronco. A mate of mine bought it in terrible shape. Body was gone, chassis was cracked, basic kit tires. So this was more than a year ago, we stripped it, rebuilt it, and I had an old FJ body lying around, and finished of the rig with a set of Tamiya Hummer rims with some cut n shut Flat Irons mounted...

And my mate had a nice and capable rig...

Then after a long year of abuse, extreme trailing, and many hours of play, the chassis (that was cracked) finally gave up...

My mate passed it on to me for repair, and so this thread is born...

Started out with me getting my hands on a practically new Pajero body, and a new chassis tub ordered from ebay.

Started with doing a conversion for the steering. Standard steering was worn out and unable to be used again. So I searched my parts bin and found a Highlift steering and recalled a thread somewhere in which the guy used the highlift steering:

Basically, drilled out the tube in the chassis to 10mm, inserted 10 x 5 bearings, followed by shaving the chassis at the bottom to clear the steering in one direction.

A couple of hours pass of cleaning old parts, and reassembly.

And the fitting of cool parts:

And that takes us to this point:

And as you can see, she sits nice and high, good clearance, but even with the cut n shut tires, the wheel arches will be a problem.

At this point, I looked closer at the standard rear 4 link components. I noticed the bottom links plastic was so soft from the years of wear and tear, that with the shocks fitted and the weight of the vehicle resting on the tires, those bottom link bend quite badly. And that's when I hatched this plan... And that's when the build took a turn for the better...

These aluminum components are from a crawler conversion with TLT axles, that just happen too fit CC01 rear axle.

And this is the result:

Don't pay attention to the rims and tires, they spare I had and happen to be the size I'm going for.

And the last picture for now:

Just how the suspension looks at full compression.

Lastly, I am going to grind the arches out a bit. The tires I'm ordering are around 98mm outside diameter. Next steps include figuring out the shocks. Rear shocks are longer than normal. But more to come...

Stay tuned
Louisbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

CC01 for a friend - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Say Hello To My Little Friend The Hack RC4WD Bully 29 02-10-2011 06:25 AM
Friend requests-are you a friend when you approve? pantablo Comments, Suggestions, and Help 3 10-24-2009 02:51 PM
my best friend... thenewguy jr Chit Chat 8 05-17-2007 05:35 AM