Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: First Crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2009, 01:25 PM   #1

Default First Crawler

I'm building my first crawler and it's a losi comp crawler. They sold me a 27 turn brushed motor and was wondering if this is a OK motor for this rig, I have read quite a bit on here and people have said brush-less is the best route for these but just don't think I can afford it right now, will this at least get me going or am I wasting my time putting this motor in? Also will it crawl decent with this motor in there? Thanks for everyone impute!!!
Snake1oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2009, 01:49 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

27t will work but it will be fast. If your on a budget take that back get a 35t and a cooling fan for the motor. It wont last forever but does work.

I had a 35t with a 12tooth pinion and it did work.
zookiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:14 PM   #3

if I did go brush-less what would you guys recommend so I can price out a system? I have a castle esc that says it can do brushed or brush-less.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:23 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake1oz View Post
if I did go brush-less what would you guys recommend so I can price out a system? I have a castle esc that says it can do brushed or brush-less.
Sensored brushless is most reliable. Tekin rs and 17.5 or 21.5 motor, Novak goat 3s with a 13.5 for 2s lipo, or 18.5/21.5 for 3s lipo or Mamba Max Pro with a sensored motor like the Tekin or Novak. Not many ways to go brushless on the cheap.
skid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:30 PM   #5

thanks I will look in to those
Old 12-02-2009, 01:33 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

To be honest, I wouldn't stay brushed for long. I for some reason couldn't keep them in my rig. I burnt 6 up in comps. I finally put a Goat 3s and a 18.5t Novak in mine.
But there are many guys at our shop that went with the Goat 2s combo, with the 3s Smart Cut-off. That as proved itself at our coarse, and can be put together for under 200!
debooffroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 02:05 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by debooffroad View Post
To be honest, I wouldn't stay brushed for long. I for some reason couldn't keep them in my rig. I burnt 6 up in comps. I finally put a Goat 3s and a 18.5t Novak in mine.
But there are many guys at our shop that went with the Goat 2s combo, with the 3s Smart Cut-off. That as proved itself at our coarse, and can be put together for under 200!
The only reason mine does not have a 3s is my LHS does not keep them in stock. They stock the 2s for some reason. I wished they stocked DX3R's but they dont do that either.
lt99ls1 is offline   Reply With Quote