Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: Hater sauce is where its at !!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2010, 07:00 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Hater sauce is where its at !!!!!

Ive been running this hater sauce in my sportsman losi from day one with a goat 2s with 13.5 motor 18t pinion. Beat on it hard and the motor barely get warm to the touch axle housing just as cool. So when i last tore down LCC i sauced them up Im running a goat 3s with 18.5 with 18t pinion on 3s and the motor and axle housing would be so HOT motor scary HOT since sauceing the LCC up i could not belive the differnce just had it out for a 20min strait beat down motor barely warm to the touch axle housings cool
I just wanted to share my findings with everyone Now i have no temp gun to do any before and after results Just know enough that it makes a differnce, Hater sauce is made for paintball guns its made for metal and plastics its not high temp Ive pulled my plug many times and had a peak seems not to break down still has the orig color If anyone else used this same stuff feel free to chime in
http://cgi.ebay.com/Hater-Sauce-Pain...item3efc70497f
Attached Images

Last edited by samdog; 08-27-2010 at 10:12 PM.
samdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2010, 08:24 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

You got a link Sam?

I need to get some of that stuff, I can't believe how cool your axles stay
chevellian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 09:01 PM   #3
Custom Carbon Fiber

Nice find, gonna have to try some

http://www.ansgear.com/Hater_Sauce_V...ucev2small.htm

http://www.compulsivepaintball.com/product.asp?ic=14795
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 10:05 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevellian View Post
You got a link Sam?

I need to get some of that stuff, I can't believe how cool your axles stay
Thanks for chiming in Rob, He witnessed it first hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
Its alittle pricey but well worth it
Old 08-28-2010, 05:21 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Just ordered some. I will get temps at the comp tomorrow with the red lube, then I will get temps after I hatersauce em up.
Old 08-28-2010, 06:49 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Sweet Rob cant wait too see the numbers, And hope to have a great comp tomorrow
Old 08-28-2010, 01:38 PM   #7
Defy Gravity

if i remember right from my dealings with paintball, hatersauce is just another repacked and recolored dow/corning 33 lube, nothing special really in terms of performance on a marker, seen people try the switch to hatersauce in a spool valve application (indian creek freestyle to be exact) and after running the marker over the next few days of play, the hatersauce had no noticeable effect on anything other than the wallet of the user. and the big problem is that is is a bit thinner than a couple of its competitors, which in a spool valve application and in the losi worms from what i have been able to put together, is not the best thing. i've got an old tube of smart parts sleek (not the best grease in the world, but thick and stays on parts well) that i can try on my worms this weekend. remember, with these paintball greases most are just a repack/color of either dow /corning 33 or 55, depending on the marker application. for use in the losi worms either would do just fine, as the only difference between the two is the fact that 55 is designed to swell o-rings for a tighter seal and 33 is not.
ghtpdm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 04:30 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Im not a paintballer kind of guy and just gave it a try seems to work great for me its been in my losi sportmans for about 3 months plus and have not had any negative effects on my rigs
Old 08-29-2010, 01:48 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

i dont know if this stuff works or not but i think i found my winner in the worm race

another grease thread
squish72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 05:05 PM   #10

i use macdev militia lube in y paintball gun and my axles. and it works awesome
perez62682 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 03:32 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Recorded some temps before I changed from the red and tacky grease to the Hater sauce. The temps were taken after I ran what was left of my 1300mah 4 cell after 2 10 gate courses. I drove it fairly hard. The ambient temperature was 89*.

Front axle: 120*
Front motor: 119*
Rear Axle: 108*
Rear Motor: 110*

The Hater sauce temps were taken after running a full pack out practicing. It was definitely a longer and harder run than the previous test. The ambient temps that day were much cooler though, a beautiful 72*.

Front axle: 108*
Front motor: 98*
Rear axle: 87*
Rear Motor: 88*

Not a very scientific test, since the conditions were pretty different for each test.

Although If you have had your Losi for any decent amount of time, you are probably always checking the temps of your axles by touch, considering that we often carry them around by the axle it is almost an automatic habit. I do this also, and I can honestly say that my axles are always cooler now, and I will continue to run the Hater sauce.
Old 09-06-2010, 06:03 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Thanks Rob for your testing with temps. I will also keep using the hater sauce
Old 09-22-2010, 07:39 PM   #13
Sometimes, I make things.

I run this stuff in my paintball guns and it worjs great. I wasnt aware it came in squeeze tubes like that. I am still using a tub of the early stuff for my markers, i bet it would work great for gear grease. Not cheap but you get what you pay for, i know with my markers it out performs anything else i have tried at high ROF, plus it stays put, if it doesnt shoot out of a gun operating at 80+psi it should stay put on your gears. I have been running Lucas Marine Grease but i may have to give this a try, i had thought about it but havent tried it yet. Good test results.
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 09:05 PM   #14
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevellian View Post
Recorded some temps before I changed from the red and tacky grease to the Hater sauce. The temps were taken after I ran what was left of my 1300mah 4 cell after 2 10 gate courses. I drove it fairly hard. The ambient temperature was 89*.

Front axle: 120*
Front motor: 119*
Rear Axle: 108*
Rear Motor: 110*

The Hater sauce temps were taken after running a full pack out practicing. It was definitely a longer and harder run than the previous test. The ambient temps that day were much cooler though, a beautiful 72*.

Front axle: 108*
Front motor: 98*
Rear axle: 87*
Rear Motor: 88*

Not a very scientific test, since the conditions were pretty different for each test.

Although If you have had your Losi for any decent amount of time, you are probably always checking the temps of your axles by touch, considering that we often carry them around by the axle it is almost an automatic habit. I do this also, and I can honestly say that my axles are always cooler now, and I will continue to run the Hater sauce.
Great comparison, thanks for the input.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote