RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Team Losi Comp Crawler (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/team-losi-comp-crawler/)
-   -   Advice???? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/team-losi-comp-crawler/280425-advice.html)

KrazyKrawler48 11-11-2010 07:32 PM

Advice????

Hey sorry I know everyone out there is looking for a new crawler and so am I and I cant choose between the losi night crawler and the Axial rtc. So i've been researching a lot! and now i've got some questions on the losi.

Do you have to constantly grease the worm gears?

How do you think battery life would be with an 8.4v 1100mAH battery?

Is it an overall good started rig?

Hoping to get a LNC from my LHS sooner or later. Just making sure its the right one for me :)
Thanks

ghtpdm5 11-11-2010 08:45 PM

i was at the same point when i bought my crawler, and out of the box the lnc is a far better performer and in my eyes superior in every way. the worms do require greasing but the point at which you grease is debated, i grease mine every time i go out through a grease port i drilled, and tear the axle down about every month when i'm running it a lot. i get close to a half hour with my 3000mah 7.2v nimh if that gives you any idea.

KrazyKrawler48 11-11-2010 09:05 PM

Hey thanks man. So is 8.4v too much for the stock elctronics you think? Cuz I searched on here and cant find anything about that size battery.

ghtpdm5 11-11-2010 09:11 PM

the stock speedo says a rating of 7.4 volts and i'm not dead sure i'd test it, but thats one thing easy to justify replacing, along with the motor and servo. if you do upgrade, brushless is the route to go, i've been trying to get brushed to work in mine and having decent results, but that motor takes a beating. reccomend a 18.5 or 21.5 brushless system capable of more voltage if you want to go that route.

KrazyKrawler48 11-11-2010 09:16 PM

Im not planning on upgrading a lot for a while. I was mainly just asking about the battery cuz I found a battery laying around and I was just wondering if I was saving myself some money or not. Lol. So dont try it? Dont want to fry anything right of the get go

ghtpdm5 11-11-2010 09:22 PM

ahh i see, and yeah, i wouldn't try it, but i'm not the biggest risk taker so its up to you. nimh packs are pretty much a nightmare in these to begin with just to let you know, lipo batteries being smaller makes setup and weight distribution better, if you're comfortable with them and willing to switch.

KrazyKrawler48 11-11-2010 09:25 PM

Alright thanks for the advice, I think im just gonna look around for a cheep 7.2 volt stick battery :)

Zimm98 11-11-2010 11:00 PM

I have run the stock esc on a a 3s lipo, I had no problems, but I did use a castle BEC. I am not saying yes go ahead I am just reporting my results. I have sence though switched to a mmp and 13.5 brushless. I would say on around a 1100 battery you will get around 15 mins of crawling.

KrazyKrawler48 11-11-2010 11:18 PM

Oh alright thanks for the advice

Zimm98 11-11-2010 11:37 PM

As said befor I would look at 2s lipo, if you can charge them, they can be found cheap and can be tiney and easy to put lower on the chassie.

Bubba73 11-15-2010 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KrazyKrawler48 (Post 2736912)
Hey sorry I know everyone out there is looking for a new crawler and so am I and I cant choose between the losi night crawler and the Axial rtc. So i've been researching a lot! and now i've got some questions on the losi.

Do you have to constantly grease the worm gears?

How do you think battery life would be with an 8.4v 1100mAH battery?

Is it an overall good started rig?

Hoping to get a LNC from my LHS sooner or later. Just making sure its the right one for me :)
Thanks

Hey i have been running my lnc since it came out, i have not torn apart my axels yet. I know lots of guys tear them apart all the time. I dont feel the need they dont get hot so im not to worried about it. As for batteries i used a stick pack for awhile got a good runtime like 25min or so. switched to lipo and getting 40-50 min runtime. The lnc out crawled my axial no question. You can upgrade parts so easy, i added the lcc tranny and it was even better. Now mine has gone moa still have the stock lnc electronics running it except for the radio and reciver.