Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: LNC track rod question..somebody help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2011, 07:38 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default LNC track rod question..somebody help

hey my name is tom, a little about me and my crawler. i live in upstate ny and im fairly new to crawling although ive been offroading for years in the 1.1 world. ive got a losi night crawler that ive mildly upgraded..proline chisels on the stock wheels, just painted flat black, with 3oz of weight in each front, higher strength servo only around 130 oz/in, trimmed body for clearance, and rebuilt shocks with 70wt oil.

my next upgrade i want to do is the aluminum upper and lower track rods that losi makes. ive found the upper (LOSA1032) and lower (LOSA1031) track rods and the 17 degree rod ends (LOSA6011) for the lower rods.

but when i look for the straight rod ends for the upper links like the LCC has, i can NOT find them anywhere.

does anyone know where i can find the straight rod ends like the LCC has on the upper track rods? or will the 17 degree rod ends that are readily available work on the upper track rods as well?

i need some help..im going nuts trying to find these parts and get out and crawl..

also any ideas for some other mods i can do on a budget, im thinking about a full aluminum steering linkage...maybe some 1.8 rate springs??
tdlosinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2011, 07:45 PM   #2
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Upper rod ends are LOSA6044

I have a full set of LCC links, stock and straight titainum that I would seperate for less than youre buying new. PM me if interested.
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 08:33 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

thanks for the help, any other ideas for some upgrades? there is so much out there i dont even know where to start really. i want to know some more stuff that people are doing and some other tips and tricks specific to the LNC or LCC.

any other products you might have too? i did PM you also..
Old 01-06-2011, 09:12 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

I'm in the same boat as far as upgrading. I want to a local comp last night and met a very cool Losi driver goes by Rubbaneck. Rubbaneck was great, let me look over his rig, hold it, and study his setup. He was a really nice person, and a really good comp driver. Saw his lcc and really got the itch to get my lcc up and running. Del Monte is another Losi driver on this site. Rubbaneck had weights, springs, worm gears, 17.5 maybe 21.5 mtr, shortened upper links, delrin lower links, various Losi aluminum, titanium, upgrade parts, and his personal tuning tweaks plus a few Losi prototype parts. He had Losi proto weight's that Losi probably won't make but that's where Dlux comes in. He makes the same type of weight and you can buy it.
Ordered a set of the Dlux weights and batteries last night.

Brushless motors and lipo's are a great start. The Losi rear 1036 adj upper track rod mount was a big one I saw for setting up the rear end. Then there was weight's and thats where Dlux comes in. The next big thing was really just tweaking the setup, tires, suspension mounts, and so on for where the crawling was. I'd have to say one of the biggest things is just getting the electronics and operating gear set similar to the comp guys if that is the goal. Weight distribution and placing the receiver, battery, and gear in the best spots to help crawling. The stock out of the box locations are far from where the comp guys run them.

Rubbaneck had an awesome rig (lcc) that was not to far out of the box. Had some prototype Losi parts but Dlux is one aftermarket company making a very similar part to Losi proto's. Just keep searching the LCC forum and you'll see Rubbaneck and Del Monte have setups that are not too crazy expensive but work extremely well. I'm not well versed on the NC v. LCC but do know you could turn either one into the other. Anyway good luck with your NC, and just keep following the threads and you'll see what works and doesn't work for people. Happy crawling.
Flexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:04 PM   #5
Wanna get? Gotta want.

The best bet is to upgrade when you need to and figure out what is needed. I jumped the gun when I first got my rig. I got a bunch of stuff I didnt need.

Check the top of this section for "tips and tricks". You can also click on my signature for all the parts I currently carry.
Old 01-08-2011, 09:57 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

that's what ive been doing, just reading around the forum and figuring out what other people have done. ive got so much i want to do and i need to prioritize. i want to go lipo as well and idk where to even start with that. everytime i think about it the list gets longer and longer haha. thanks for the help though, i PM'd you again about the titanium and aluminum rods you have for sale and some other stuff, get back to me when you can..im very interested in the products you have. thanks erik.
Old 01-08-2011, 11:57 PM   #7
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdlosinc View Post
that's what ive been doing, just reading around the forum and figuring out what other people have done. ive got so much i want to do and i need to prioritize. i want to go lipo as well and idk where to even start with that. everytime i think about it the list gets longer and longer haha. thanks for the help though, i PM'd you again about the titanium and aluminum rods you have for sale and some other stuff, get back to me when you can..im very interested in the products you have. thanks erik.
Sorry. I thought I replied. Thanks for the heads up. PM replied to for sure this time.