Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: is thers something wrong or am i just expecting to much?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2011, 05:31 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default is thers something wrong or am i just expecting to much?

ok so when i try to climb things straight on like a step or something like that, it gets about half way up and then it stops moving, and the motor spins but the tires dont move. also it gliches sometimes going in reverse and jsut standing still.
my set up is: xl5 esc, novack smart stop, castle bec, traxxas tq 27mhz radio system, a tekin 55t motor, and a futaba s9303 srevo.
Is this happening becuse of my setup. Also im not really sure how to mount the antena tube so i just rapped the antena around the top bars could that be why. also my bec is set at 6v.
minnesotamudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2011, 05:34 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

It sounds like you need to tighten your slipper....
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 05:42 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

k does it show how to do that in the manule and if not how do i do it, is it the same as something like a slash? also how tight should it be?
Old 04-13-2011, 05:51 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Yes, on page 10, step D-03....tighten the nut labeled "A6308". You should be able to do this without disassembling the transmission, but you might need to remove the stock battery tray (if you still run that piece)...

As for how tight, I usually just crank them down pretty tight....never had an issue with that setup.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 06:24 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Slipper.... tighten it. Also the glitch I would imagine is coming out of the good old crystals.
highlandcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 06:47 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

ok i was kind of thinking it was the radio, but im geting a dx3c next month when it comes out.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:03 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Yes, on page 10, step D-03....tighten the nut labeled "A6308". You should be able to do this without disassembling the transmission, but you might need to remove the stock battery tray (if you still run that piece)...

As for how tight, I usually just crank them down pretty tight....never had an issue with that setup.
thanks man
Old 04-14-2011, 08:09 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnesotamudder View Post
ok i was kind of thinking it was the radio, but im geting a dx3c next month when it comes out.
The Futaba 3pm-mx works really well with the lcc. Several ppl on here use them with there lcc with great success. You might want to take a look at that one.
DeadlySwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 08:21 AM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
ok so when i try to climb things straight on like a step or something like that, it gets about half way up and then it stops moving, and the motor spins but the tires dont move. also it gliches sometimes going in reverse and jsut standing still.
my set up is: xl5 esc, novack smart stop, castle bec, traxxas tq 27mhz radio system, a tekin 55t motor, and a futaba s9303 srevo.
Is this happening becuse of my setup. Also im not really sure how to mount the antena tube so i just rapped the antena around the top bars could that be why. also my bec is set at 6v.
After taking a look at your build thread I noticed you might want to clean up the wires going into the RX if you think you have a glitch. In the pic below you have the speed control wire fishing through the power wires, then into the RX. And your antenna is right next to the power wires. This also could be an issue with a glitch problem. Get those things away from the others and that might help too.

Rubbaneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 09:58 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
k does it show how to do that in the manule and if not how do i do it, is it the same as something like a slash? also how tight should it be?
ditch the slipper and get the slipper eliminator for it part number LOSA3172 slippers belong on go fast toys and scalers not comp rigs
freakofnature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 04:33 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubbaneck View Post
After taking a look at your build thread I noticed you might want to clean up the wires going into the RX if you think you have a glitch. In the pic below you have the speed control wire fishing through the power wires, then into the RX. And your antenna is right next to the power wires. This also could be an issue with a glitch problem. Get those things away from the others and that might help too.

so then if i move the wires away from the power wires going to the batterie i should be better off then, or is it other power wires?
Old 04-15-2011, 10:23 AM   #12
RCC Addict

Quote:
so then if i move the wires away from the power wires going to the batterie i should be better off then, or is it other power wires?
Yes, those big guage wires coming out of the ESC should not cross the small RX wires or antenna.
Rubbaneck is offline   Reply With Quote