Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Tennessee

Notices

Thread: Percy Priest 10/3 aka Soundcolor's Birthday bash pics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2010, 08:29 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Percy Priest 10/3 aka Soundcolor's Birthday bash pics

Some of us couldnt make the trip down with the rest of yall this past weekend so we decided to try and give the Percy Priest Dam spot another try and celebrate Soundcolor's birthday with a different style bash...a scale crawler bash!!! Looks like EVERYONE made a couple changes since last time we met up so it was very interesting. I hacked up my poor Yota body to save what I could and try to make it perform a little better. I moved my steering servo, lowered the battery again and tried my hand at making some bumpers. Ed was out testing some hacked Flat Irons (AWESOME!) and Andy brought out the Comanche body along with some Swampers. Ill let the pics do the talkin...

Continued...
66sprint6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2010, 08:29 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Tryin to keep up with Ed LOL...lemme tell you, this spot is FULL of stupid awesome obstacles from mild to wild. Def. recommend anyone in the area check it out!

Cmooon Super Swampers lol

This is a BIG drop off to the pass. side of the rig and there is a hairy drop between the two rocks that makes this section a little TOO much fun!

Continued...
Old 10-06-2010, 08:30 AM   #3
RCC Addict

TIGHT SQUEEEEEZE...a near dead battery and a BAD rear shock setup made climbing a bit tricky for my truck in the beginning...

But help was on its way!

Caught this picture RIGHT before it did an awesome back flip nearly landing right side up again LOL

The ever helpful Ed givin Andy a boost lol

OUCH...Soundcolor was the only one to try and beat me in the carnage class...and Ide say he did a good job!

Posin by the shore

Continued...
Old 10-06-2010, 08:30 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Ok...after I went thru 2 battery packs and Soundcolor decided to toast his tranny we decided to regroup and do some thrashing to get back on the trail. Ed swapped the new tranny he literally only an hour or two earlier tradded to Soundcolor while Soundcolor wired me up for Deans so I can run LiPo. Thanks again guys, Im now hooked and dont ever wanna go thru so many batteries again in one day LOL

Back to it, and this time down by the water for some FUN!!!

Thought this was a cool set of pics...ALMOST made it

More posin by the lake

Really like this shot

Ed shootin my truck flexin out on the beach

Followin Soundcolor

Only a matter of time before I knocked one out LOL

Continued...
Old 10-06-2010, 08:30 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Peekaboo

Awesome wheely spot that Soundcolor found

Andy went up flat as can be LOL good balanced rig.

Knocked em BOTH out...lost the last one tho, anyone got a set of Hilux headlights I can buy???

This was a common happening for me unfortunately...hard to keep up with the modded honcho guys but I tried and tried. This eventually led to my poor Yota's demise.

Got home and only one of the 4 pillars holding the roof was still in tact...until I got to checkin it out and it snapped right off LOL

Ive got plans to reconstruct and try again...we'll see what happens. All in all it was a GREAT time and I cant wait to get this thing back up and runnin again! I know some video was shot and I hope itll get posted up soon, but thanks again guys for another great scale ride!
Matt
Old 10-16-2010, 11:45 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

And you could have been fishing.... Nice lookin trucks.
SpikeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 03:53 PM   #7
RCC Addict

I dunno...it was freakin freazing out there...at least with the crawlers we were movin around some, fishing mighta done me in that morning
Matt