Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Tennessee

Notices

Thread: hey tennessee guys, sercrc members

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2006, 03:10 PM   #1
rbl
Rock Crawler

Default hey tennessee guys, sercrc members

Well guys I have fallen in love with this rc crawling stuff, and thinks it the sh!t. I loved 1:1 crawling most my life but with all the $$$ and ppl it’s a tuff sport to stay in. Finding legal places to ride was also what hurts the sport in this area, and this is way I’m writing this letter. I work for the state of Tennessee and here we have a local state park where I pitched the idea of building, making, constructing a off-road section for rc’s. Now I got it past my park manager he liked the idea and next step I have to present it before a state planner which I would like to have my ducks in a roll. What I need now is everyone else’s input and suggestion so this can go down. Also the big think about it is, if it goes over well enough that more than likely the other state parks will adopt the idea(54 tn state parks) not saying that all of them but a bigger portion will. Here is a couple things I would like to have if anyone knows or has access.
  • Pics of a course/park where yall crawl
  • Any competitions pics
  • Pics of a competition courses and lay outs
  • Number of ppl that usually attend competitions
  • If there are any sponsors at the events or venders and which’s ones on both
  • Some sizes for this place
  • Or just any other info that you may think could be helpful
p.s. I’m not crazy ..lol and really think this could be a big thing for the rc crawlers, and would hope that sercrc.com could run a competition or anyone else for that matter

but thanks for the look, Brad

both my emails for pics or ideas

bluttrell@pga.com

brad.luttrell@state.tn.us

rbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2006, 03:40 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Here's a link to all of my pictures from the last GR comp.
http://photobucket.com/albums/b230/r...ver/?start=all
There are pics of the couse layout toward the bottom.

This is the GR comp results thread, which has pictures as well.
Green River Bash 2005-RESULTS! (and pictures)

I think the place would have to be large enough that more than 1 course could be set up and run at a time. At GR we had to run 2 groups on different courses, because of the large number of people.

Another thing is the size of the rocks used. They would have to cater to both the unlimited class as well as the 2.2 trucks. So both large and small.

I hope you are able to get something going with this, it would be great to have a place to go and not worry about getting kicked out.
SVEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 04:33 PM   #3
rbl
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVEN
Here's a link to all of my pictures from the last GR comp.
http://photobucket.com/albums/b230/r...ver/?start=all
There are pics of the couse layout toward the bottom.

This is the GR comp results thread, which has pictures as well.
Green River Bash 2005-RESULTS! (and pictures)

I think the place would have to be large enough that more than 1 course could be set up and run at a time. At GR we had to run 2 groups on different courses, because of the large number of people.

Another thing is the size of the rocks used. They would have to cater to both the unlimited class as well as the 2.2 trucks. So both large and small.

I hope you are able to get something going with this, it would be great to have a place to go and not worry about getting kicked out.
yes that is one thing i had on my mind, making it large enough for more than one cousres at a time and also have a variety for trails/lines for every type of crawlers. not only was i hoping to have comps here but make it a place where anyone could rc crawl at anytime while visiting the park.

the parks size should not be a problem cause it has a hugh pool, 20 or so cabins, 18 hole championship golf course...and lots of space for some sick rc crawling..
Old 01-26-2006, 05:02 PM   #4
Colt Python/SR9c

but you still run into the problem of liabilty in a state park. What if kids come by and play on the rocks and get hurt? what happens if your having a comp and someone breaks a leg??

I understand that you can slap up signs, but that doesn't cover all the loop holes. Is the state really wanting to take the chance of a lawsuit if someone does get hurt?

If they are and feel they have their arses covered, I am happy to hear it.
TwistedCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 05:30 PM   #5
rbl
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedCreations
but you still run into the problem of liabilty in a state park. What if kids come by and play on the rocks and get hurt? what happens if your having a comp and someone breaks a leg??

I understand that you can slap up signs, but that doesn't cover all the loop holes. Is the state really wanting to take the chance of a lawsuit if someone does get hurt?

If they are and feel they have their arses covered, I am happy to hear it.
well i think this is just like anything else in ANY city/state park in america, where there are play grounds, walking trails, bike trails, swimming pools, and tennis courts, etc..u get the idea. i'm saying if someone whats to sue ppl are going to sue no matter what..i understand what your saying and agree in ways but let me run this by the bigger guys and see if they shut it down think positive my friend

brad
Old 01-26-2006, 05:56 PM   #6
CSR
RCC Addict

Hey Brad, and welcome to the wonderful, addictive world of R/C crawlin'!

I'm usually too busy kicking *** at events to take pics, but there are a bunch on SERCRC.com in the media section...... http://www.elsomething.com/Eventsindex.htm

Which park are you negotiating with? Tims Ford?
CSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 06:04 PM   #7
rbl
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSR
Hey Brad, and welcome to the wonderful, addictive world of R/C crawlin'!

I'm usually too busy kicking *** at events to take pics, but there are a bunch on SERCRC.com in the media section...... http://www.elsomething.com/Eventsindex.htm

Which park are you negotiating with? Tims Ford?
that would be correct Tims Ford, work at the golf course(golf pro)

brad
Old 01-26-2006, 06:09 PM   #8
Colt Python/SR9c

Ohh I am thinking positive for ya.Would like to see it happen. We (TSC) have a member that works for the parks dept. that has allowed us to put a bunch of rock there. Just saying the way people are now-a-days, they sue over anything. I can see ya having it done in the park you work at, but it happening all over at state parks is pushing it. Maybe have only the one you work at and work your way up to more as long as no problems happen with the first one.
TwistedCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 06:26 PM   #9
rbl
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedCreations
Ohh I am thinking positive for ya.Would like to see it happen. We (TSC) have a member that works for the parks dept. that has allowed us to put a bunch of rock there. Just saying the way people are now-a-days, they sue over anything. I can see ya having it done in the park you work at, but it happening all over at state parks is pushing it. Maybe have only the one you work at and work your way up to more as long as no problems happen with the first one.
i agree about the other parks, but the park manager is the one that brought that idea up. i would be happy just to have this to go in my park first, and has you say see how it goes over then maybe adopt it to the others. but thanks for the support

brad
Old 01-26-2006, 09:06 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

I would just like to say ....What an awesome Idea!!! Dude let me know what I can do to help further the mission! Here are some pics of a place that is good to crawl.
Attached Images

phishead1101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 08:37 AM   #11
Rock Crawler

Something to think about having at th rc crwaling park would be lots of electrical outlets so we can run chargers...
Old 01-28-2006, 10:27 AM   #12
rbl
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by phishead1101
Something to think about having at th rc crwaling park would be lots of electrical outlets so we can run chargers...
i have the prefect spot, outlets, bathrooms. picnic tables, pavillion areas, hugh paved parking lot..all i have left is presenting it to the planner and see what happens.

but i would like to think everyone for thier look and the comments/imput that has been provided

Brad
Old 01-30-2006, 06:13 AM   #13
Rock Stacker

The Cleveland Crawlers are all for this we will help you any way we can.

Here is a link to some pics we have taken.
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/clevel...lers/my_photos
BrandonT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 09:53 AM   #14
rbl
Rock Crawler

thanks, i'm going to get my stuff together on go to nashville hopefully this next week and see what the big guys say so wish me luck

brad
Old 01-30-2006, 10:01 AM   #15
Rock Crawler

Default Good Luck!!!

Good Luck ! Let me know if you need a hand with anything!
Old 01-30-2006, 07:34 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbl
thanks, i'm going to get my stuff together on go to nashville hopefully this next week and see what the big guys say so wish me luck

brad
hope everything goes good for you good luck
spanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 01:39 PM   #17
rbl
Rock Crawler

OK boys i'm sending in my proposal to the state tomrw. they are going to get one H3LL of a write up so i hope they understand its a win win situation . i would like to say thanks to these guys and clubs...SERCRC and fishmaxx for sure giving me some positive feedback. Cleveland Crawlers(brandonT). the site of RCCRAWLER.

i included some great pics and killer videos so hopefully it sales itself

but thanks
Brad

p.s. i'll keep everyone posted on what i here
Old 02-05-2006, 02:34 PM   #18
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbl
OK boys i'm sending in my proposal to the state tomrw. they are going to get one H3LL of a write up so i hope they understand its a win win situation . i would like to say thanks to these guys and clubs...SERCRC and fishmaxx for sure giving me some positive feedback. Cleveland Crawlers(brandonT). the site of RCCRAWLER.

i included some great pics and killer videos so hopefully it sales itself

but thanks
Brad

p.s. i'll keep everyone posted on what i here
I emailed you the list of names we have so far when we get more I will send them
BrandonT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 10:20 AM   #19
Pebble Pounder

Default Crawling

Quote:
Originally Posted by phishead1101
I would just like to say ....What an awesome Idea!!! Dude let me know what I can do to help further the mission! Here are some pics of a place that is good to crawl.

HI,
Where is the photo's taken that you have posted?I just moved my family to knoxville,so I need to know where to crawl.

Thanks
CrewCab59
CrewCab59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 01:20 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

yep this needs to happen and is there ne place else to crawl in TN bcuz i just got mine and im ready to go do a comp
rig it is offline   Reply With Quote