Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southwest > Texas

Notices

Thread: NTXRCC Season 4, Comp 3

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2011, 09:50 PM   #61
dnf

I'm still charging batteries,dang I'm tired....Hey ya watch on 22
state troopers are easy to find on that hwy...
rock hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2011, 06:03 AM   #62
Quarry Creeper

Loadin up the kids and headed out
Aggie01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 05:45 PM   #63
dnf

I'm home,and unloaded.

I had a great time,even though this was a very demanding day....
The courses was hard,but the rock was super gripy(except gate 9 on mine)

I really enjoyed runing supers too,ya need to start building

Mike,Kirk,Rick,Chad and anyone else I'm missing..............
THANK YOU for stepping up with the judging today

Jason,Kirk,Larry and anyone I'm missing.......
Thank You for helping me lay out the 1.9 courses

Greg and John,with out you guys it just wouldnt happen
Thank you both for everything you contribute

We had a huge turnout,I thank you all for comming and adding to the carnage
It was good to see the new faces,and some old ones we dont see enough
Demon,don and crew,Jason,ect.........

So John..........Where are the scores already
Just kidding,at your convienience
Old 01-29-2011, 06:05 PM   #64
RCC Addict

Paul-

Thanks for being a gracious host and having us down to your neck of the woods. Your courses although hard only will make us better drivers, well and the hobby shops richer!

To all who were a victim of my judging, and to Woodie who has to make since of my scribbling. I apologize for learning at everyone's expense even though no one complained. I find this hobby/sport cool in that everyone who got us to where we are has not made a dime off of putting on comps and does not charge us underlings to enter. A fair number of you have put in a lot of time to make this great for a large number of us, and as a result I think it is important to come out and get involved and help. That being said it is probably better for me to judge rather than set up courses!! So thanks again for the patience.

And Greg. I think you got your paybacks to me for getting you DQ'ed by throwing out the "a real man would jump that" on my last 2.2 run and basically helping me land my truck down by the lake upside down and with the entire beach inside it. Ha Ha funny! At least it gives me something to fix tonight after I get the kids down.
RickM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 06:24 PM   #65
dnf

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickM View Post
Paul-

Thanks for being a gracious host and having us down to your neck of the woods. Your courses although hard only will make us better drivers, well and the hobby shops richer!

To all who were a victim of my judging, and to Woodie who has to make since of my scribbling. I apologize for learning at everyone's expense even though no one complained. I find this hobby/sport cool in that everyone who got us to where we are has not made a dime off of putting on comps and does not charge us underlings to enter. A fair number of you have put in a lot of time to make this great for a large number of us, and as a result I think it is important to come out and get involved and help. That being said it is probably better for me to judge rather than set up courses!! So thanks again for the patience.

And Greg. I think you got your paybacks to me for getting you DQ'ed by throwing out the "a real man would jump that" on my last 2.2 run and basically helping me land my truck down by the lake upside down and with the entire beach inside it. Ha Ha funny! At least it gives me something to fix tonight after I get the kids down.

No worries Rick,trust me,your scribing is no worse than mine
You have to get your feet wet at some point,hell nobody is perfect,judges screw up all the time,they just dont tell ya about it
Old 01-29-2011, 06:29 PM   #66
Quarry Creeper

I had a great time today. Its been too long since I've been to a comp or even touched my comp rig and I think it showed in my scores

Had a great time talking to some old friends and meeting some new people. Cant wait for the next comp

Pics coming soon!
Lankenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 07:19 PM   #67
Quarry Creeper

Heres the link to all the pics I took. I tried to get pics of everyone, if I didnt sorry, next time...

http://s185.photobucket.com/albums/x...hitney%20Lake/

And a few teasers

Lankenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 08:31 PM   #68
Rock Stacker

For my first comp I had a blast. Learned a lot from all you guys. Thanks a lot for the tips and tricks. Now to deal with this sunburn
Donkeykicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 09:24 PM   #69
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkeykicker View Post
For my first comp I had a blast. Learned a lot from all you guys. Thanks a lot for the tips and tricks. Now to deal with this sunburn
HA! Me and my kids all got burned today. It never crossed my mind that we might get too much sun in January.

It was a blast. Thank You to all the guys that work so hard to put these together. It's alway fun and I always learn so much from all of the awesome drivers in this club.
Old 01-30-2011, 02:00 PM   #70
RCC Addict

Had a great time yesterday hanging out with you guys, It was a long day with the 12hrs of driving factored in but fun anyways. I wish we coulda got done sooner to run some scalers as well. Thanks Don for letting me run your mini since i left mine in Oklahoma due to mechanical reasons.....lol Paul you caught alot of crap for your 2.2 course setup but it was a blast just needed a couple of gates before 4 to make four gate six But it was still a blast see you guys next month when and where?????
chad30w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 02:23 PM   #71
dnf

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad30w View Post
Paul you caught alot of crap for your 2.2 course setup but it was a blast just needed a couple of gates before 4 to make four gate six But it was still a blast see you guys next month when and where?????
I know,I know,I still say it was a good novice course too.Hell the novice drivers have to learn to consider their options under pressure.
For some reason it looked like a simple straddle to me.
Sometimes you have to take your 10 and move on,or take a chance on not finishing.If you just hand it to them,they wont ever learn to think like that.

I knew when I put the start gate where I did that it would jack with someone,
and it did catch a few people off thier game,and I felt that every novice could have easily finished thier 5 if they made the safe choice on 4.

But hey,it was my 1st 2.2 course.....I thought it was totally duable....Greg is the only one that finished I think

Last edited by rock hard; 01-30-2011 at 02:33 PM.
Old 01-30-2011, 04:21 PM   #72
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock hard View Post
I know,I know,I still say it was a good novice course too.Hell the novice drivers have to learn to consider their options under pressure.
For some reason it looked like a simple straddle to me.
Sometimes you have to take your 10 and move on,or take a chance on not finishing.If you just hand it to them,they wont ever learn to think like that.

I knew when I put the start gate where I did that it would jack with someone,
and it did catch a few people off thier game,and I felt that every novice could have easily finished thier 5 if they made the safe choice on 4.

But hey,it was my 1st 2.2 course.....I thought it was totally duable....Greg is the only one that finished I think
After my son decided to get in the lake I had to take them and go. Was anyone able to jump it, or was straddleing gate 4 the only way past the hole?
Old 01-30-2011, 04:50 PM   #73
dnf

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian3323 View Post
After my son decided to get in the lake I had to take them and go. Was anyone able to jump it, or was straddleing gate 4 the only way past the hole?
Oh no...well,kids will be kids I guess

A couple of people drove through it pretty clean I think
Don and John,a couple of people launched it pretty good I think
Greg and Chad
A couple of people worked through it,but it cost alot of time and reverses.
Straddling gate 4 was the smartest choice IMO for most,cuz on some courses
its all about getting as many progress as possible,sometimes straddling a gate means you can rock and roll to the next one,or stay there and burn up points and valueable time.
Old 01-30-2011, 06:31 PM   #74
RCC Addict

I think I tried to straddle 4 and I still screwed it up! I liked Mikes simple yet genious plan on first two gates of Woodie's 1.9 course. It learnt me somethin!
RickM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 07:03 PM   #75
Rock Stacker

Umm I think I need more pratice! I got last!!
Hemipower23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 08:43 PM   #76
Quarry Creeper

Hey I just noticed that no one is in first in 1.9, it starts at 2nd and goes from there.
Stick Crawles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 08:46 PM   #77

Results are up in the first post.

I'd first like to thank Paul for finding us a new spot. I can't think of a single issue with the location, I definitely think we'll be going back there soon.

It seemed to me that the comp could have gone a bit smoother. Some things have changed recently:

1. We're running 10 gates per course in the 1.9 class.
  2. The 1.9 class has grown considerably.
  3. We're running Supers now.
I was not at all happy with how the comp progressed throughout the day, I really think it could have gone smoother and not taken as long as it did. In Utah, at nearly every local comp, they have 70 competitors. We cannot have a comp in one day with 30 competitors at the pace we run now. This club has survived for over 3 years because a few individuals have taken it upon themselves to do what is necessary to ensure that they have a place to compete and that anyone else does as well. I want all of you to know that the days of a 3, 4 or 5 man show are over. From here on out this club will not be run by a select group of people, but by everyone. I have always encouraged everyone to step up and learn to judge and setup courses. There have been a few of you (thank you, thank you, thank you) who have put aside their fears and picked up a clip board. Some of you have not, and there are going to be a few changes because of it.

What is going to change is that if you don't judge at a comp, you will have to pay money. It's not going to be a lot of money, and it's not going to go to one person. What I'd like to do, and this has helped my friends in North Carolina a lot, is that you have to pay your judge $1. So if you compete in the 2.2 class, you have to bring $4. Your judge can be anybody. What I expect is that if you are judging, the competitor that is about to start cannot do so until he gives you $1 then and there. I know that if I am judging a course, I'm not going to accept IOU's, or "its in my truck, I'll get it later". In order to start a course, you have to pay your judge $1 at that time.

Between now and the next comp, I am going to put together 8 judges kits. In each kit, there will be a clipboard, 2 pens, score sheets, a copy of the rules, an at a glance rules cheat sheet and a timer. The rules cheat sheet is something that I am going to put together that has most of the common judging errors clarified. The rules cheat sheet will help me at the end of a comp weekend tally the scores if everyone uses it. At this comp I found numerous errors from the judges, for instance bonus gates were awarded to a competitor who did not finish a course. Since I want to be reimbursed for the supplies, I am going to charge a $1 admin fee to all competitors. With the judges kits, we should be able to have 8 courses running at the same time.

Now if you don't want to judge at all, and I sincerely hope that this isn't the case, you don't have to. You simply bring $1 for admin, and $4 for each class you compete in. Make sure that you bring $1 bills, nothing larger. If you participate, you're out nothing except $1. As soon as the judges kits are paid for, and we're cought up on comp supplies (paper for scoring, chalk, new gates, etc...) I'll lift the admin fees.

All of this is a result of me running around all day yesterday. I got very little time to enjoy the scenery, BS with my buddies, and relax. I know I wasn't the only one either. I don't want comps to be a burden anymore.

I appreciate everyone coming out and comping yesterday. I really enjoy our group of people, you are all part of a very strong group of competitors. I hope that we as a group can accept the changes that our large group needs in order to continue growing.
whoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 08:54 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonSpawn View Post
I LOVE it!!!!!!!
Old 01-30-2011, 08:55 PM   #79

Yep, it's fixed. You need to clear the cache on your browser to see it though. Or wait a day of two

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stick Crawles View Post
Hey I just noticed that no one is in first in 1.9, it starts at 2nd and goes from there.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:12 PM   #80
dnf

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoodie View Post
This club has survived for over 3 years because a few individuals have taken it upon themselves to do what is necessary to ensure that they have a place to compete and that anyone else does as well. I want all of you to know that the days of a 3, 4 or 5 man show are over. From here on out this club will not be run by a select group of people, but by everyone.
Hey,I dont want any quarters either guys

John I think it sounds good
I'll be sure to bring my tip jar

John we have a damn good club thanks to you,whatever you think is best sounds good to me.

I dont usually get to help with 2.2 much,cuz I'm busy with 1.9's
But John I think you have a few new guys now who are eager to help out.

Like Rick and Kirk you guys helped alot yesterday,there may have been some small issues with math,ect.but dont sweat it,you will only get better at it with each comp.And John you know you can count on me and mike to
step in,Hell I think Gary and Larry are good to go....I think the club really wants to work together,sharing the load we all can have more fun,take part in more aspects and become more knowledgable.

And dont forget our out of town member...Chad,we will put his ass to work for sure next monthI say we add a $2 per course for out of staters