Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southwest > Texas

Notices

Thread: Questions about the Warehouse for the DFW crowd/

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2011, 05:17 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Questions about the Warehouse for the DFW crowd/

What is the legality of the warehouse location in grapevine? I saw the post about it being off limits on the TXRCRCA forum, but it hasn't been updated in a while. Thanks!

Clayton Grove
du4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2011, 07:05 PM   #2
AKA 2G's

Quote:
Originally Posted by du4x4 View Post
What is the legality of the warehouse location in grapevine? I saw the post about it being off limits on the TXRCRCA forum, but it hasn't been updated in a while. Thanks!

Clayton Grove
At one time there were some no trespassing sign's up but i guess thay took them down or something. So maybe if we tread easy out there we can still crawler there.
86jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 08:43 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Here is how this should work. As a property owner I can tell you it all comes down to liability and lawsuits, and finally property upkeep. I am also willing to bet every move anyone makes in and out of the parking lot is on a video feed. This video stuff really does not make much difference other than to let the property owner know who might be leaving trash etc in the area. The signs were probably put up for liability reasons. Case and point. I break a leg and hire Brian Loncar and it is uncovered I was tresspassing then my case more than likely will get thrown out. Now as far as the potential legal problems for those of us out there. If the property owner/security confronts you out there, leave immediately and don't go back. The security and property owner do not have the right to detain you. If you are approached by police they will probably issue you a criminal tresspass warning and then send you on the way. Then don't go back.

I think we are more than likely guilty by association with the trials bikers. I will keep going out there and always try to leave it better than it was when I get there. I am also aware that one issue with police and or security and I am probably done for good. I just hope the police are more impressed with my berg and decide not to mess with me.
RickM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 09:57 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

I've been going out there every other weekend or so to compare the changes i've made to my rig on a known line that I was having difficulty with to see if I've made improvements or not. I usually pull in, run one pack on several lines on different courses we've ran and leave, I don't hang out for very long, maybe 20 minutes. I've never been confronted by security or the police but know that I'm taking at risk and will leave politely if asked too.

Larry
Ugly Truckling is offline   Reply With Quote