Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: my experiment with stock ax10 tires...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2008, 10:59 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default my experiment with stock ax10 tires...

in the rear tires I used no foam, I work in a bicycle shop so I added a bit of stans tubeless sealant before locking the beads down, I have the weekend offa work so I'm going to test it out. Will include a couple pics when I update this.

Cheers
BoredGord is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2008, 06:54 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

I know money can be tight but any aftermarket tire (badlands, rock claws, panthers, flat irons, mashers, moabs, etc...) is better than any highly modified Lizard with custom foams and custom tread. The rubber compound on the Lizards is designed for wear and longevity, not grip.
j33pownr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 06:01 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

You are right I am finding this out for myself. I just broke down and bought a set of hammer m2 and can not wait until they come in. I am tired of trying to make my stoke lizards work.
65volkswagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 06:43 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

not sure of your terrain, but I think you'll love those hammers. In all honesty the lizards aren't that bad......until you try a hammer or the like.
Jkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 06:56 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

The lizards are bad for crawling and climbing. Your better off starting with something that has the correct compound.

The right tool for the right job....you wouldn't put a 10spd tire on a downhill bike, and you wouldn't put a gazzalodi 3.0 on the 10spd. If your rock racing maybe the lizards are fine, for crawling however they are absolute garbage.
Dynamic^Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 07:08 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGord View Post
in the rear tires I used no foam, I work in a bicycle shop so I added a bit of stans tubeless sealant before locking the beads down, I have the weekend offa work so I'm going to test it out. Will include a couple pics when I update this.

Cheers
I know what Stans Tubless Sealant is (I run it in my MTB tires) but what is it suposed to do for your crawler tires?
Harvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 08:43 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Talking my experiment with stock ax10 tires

I bought 2 tires-the hammer m3 there are sweet. I out climb my friends trucks Axials- they dont roll under like the stock tires do and they came with memory foams for $20. Need to buy some foe the rear. Matt
SDheavymetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 10:10 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

I dont care what any one says depending on your terrain, there is nothing wrong with lizard tires. I personally don't use them because I DON'T think there the very best tire out there. but they aren't as bad as people make them out to be. If you don't think lizard tires are for you try the R compound lizard tire its between a m2 and m3 and have plenty of grip. Put the new rock carvers and the rock lizards side by side and use the m2 carvers and r compound lizards the lizards will do just as well. Hell they almost look a like.
Jkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 03:48 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Stans in any tube on a rim without an air hole/vent will just aid in sealing.
Anyhow, it was ok, got some decent grip with them. I just picked up some Proline Hammers with memory foams....
BoredGord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 11:47 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

the sealant wasnt needed. the beadlocks hold the air just fine if you dont drill holes in the rim
wojin is offline   Reply With Quote