Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: panthers vs. rock claws vs. rock carvers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2008, 09:35 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default panthers vs. rock claws vs. rock carvers

So there has been an on going thread about panthers vs. claws, but im wondering how the new carvers compare.

I have been running panthers for the last month or so, and they have really good traction, but are lacking in the sidefill and turning area. I know this is due to the fact that the sidewall is so thin and squishy, and im now running mayhem double phatty beadlocks. I ended up adding a ton of foam, (some hard proline racing foams, but the stock memory foam on top) and tyhis helped alot, but im still having the sidewal folding issues.

Anyways I have been looking into the new rock claws, due to the stiff sidewalls, but im wondering how the rock claws compare to the carvers. Are the claws a stiff compound like the carvers? I run on everything from slick beach rock, to man made concrete water breaks (really rough texture unlimited grip).

anyways thanks for the info in advance.
steven

Last edited by sbarnesvta; 11-26-2008 at 09:44 AM. Reason: adding more info
sbarnesvta is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2008, 09:40 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

I have claws and carvers. If I had to pick one out of the two it would be claws. They climb anything. I like my carvers on the slick rock on my backyard course. But my claws have always been good to me. I will always have a set on hand. I can always fall back to them.
rockassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 12:35 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

how are the side walls of the claws? are they as stiff as the carvers?
sbarnesvta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 05:54 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

As of right now the carvers have a stiffer side wall, but I only have a few batteries on them. They side hill like crazy I love it. I like having both sets on hand. The claws just out climb them .
rockassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 08:38 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockassassin View Post
As of right now the carvers have a stiffer side wall, but I only have a few batteries on them. They side hill like crazy I love it. I like having both sets on hand. The claws just out climb them .
i agree with the side hilling,,,like no other..but i disagree with the out climbing part,,,,ive been using them on all types of surfaces from slick to rough,,and honestly feel they are as good as the claw ,,with a little more height than the claws,which is always nice..i stopped using both panthers and claws since getting the carvers and grabbers from hpi,,,i love the carvers
dezmoon is offline   Reply With Quote