Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: Im torn

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2009, 11:57 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Im torn

Between the Mayhem comp double phattys and the Mayhem 7's. I would want black rings with the phattys but worried about the black wearing off. I would want black alum wheels and machined rings with the 7's cause the machined wont look bad with rock rash. I just really like the weight system of the phattys. BUT I also want the black/machine contrast. Help me out guys...
h8z2luze is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2009, 12:05 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Both are very nice wheels!!! that is a tuff decision...
abadk9420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 01:30 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

I bought black faced phatties and love them. after a while the faces can get pretty tore up depending on where you crawl. I ended up sanding them down to a machine type finish but still LOVE the way they work.
vegaracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 05:34 AM   #4
On the lookout for Rocks

I ran all machined 7s with black screws

constantmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 06:25 AM   #5

Any finish that isn't natural will show wear, scratches and scuffs however, if you run black rings on a natural wheel you could always get another set of rings every so often to freshen the look. That's what I'd do. If the wheels are black and start to show wear, you'll have to buy a new set.

For black I run delrin. Does Mayhem make the 7's in Delrin? If I run aluminum wheels I run natural. Both hide scratches well so I'd personally go with delrin black wheels with natural rings and I think it looks sick. Any finishing color you put on a material risks being removed or showing wear over time.

You may want to give Mayhem a call. If they don't make the 7's in Delrin, they might do it for you.

The natural ring on a delrin wheel. You can't scratch away the black!

Last edited by scorpion; 07-07-2009 at 06:32 AM.
scorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 09:31 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion View Post
Any finish that isn't natural will show wear, scratches and scuffs however, if you run black rings on a natural wheel you could always get another set of rings every so often to freshen the look. That's what I'd do. If the wheels are black and start to show wear, you'll have to buy a new set.

For black I run delrin. Does Mayhem make the 7's in Delrin? If I run aluminum wheels I run natural. Both hide scratches well so I'd personally go with delrin black wheels with natural rings and I think it looks sick. Any finishing color you put on a material risks being removed or showing wear over time.

You may want to give Mayhem a call. If they don't make the 7's in Delrin, they might do it for you.

The natural ring on a delrin wheel. You can't scratch away the black!

They do make them in Delrin I was just thinking the aluminum would be a better route cause of weight. I guess I can always add weight. Probably would end up doing it anyway.

Thanks for the help guys! I still dont know what I am going to do though haha. Maybe machined rings on the double phattys with black rims...

Last edited by h8z2luze; 07-07-2009 at 09:34 AM.
h8z2luze is offline   Reply With Quote