Notices

Thread: 1/8 moab

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2006, 12:52 AM   #1

Default 1/8 moab

Preface:

I could possibly be retarded!

Subject:

Has any one talked about these because i haven't ever heard anyone mentioning them. Either because I am retarded (stated in the preface), they don't work on most rigs, or I am just the coolest kid on the block.
Either way I am putting it up cause i thought that they might help someone who is looking for an almost 7" tire, that is much much much more narrow than anyother tire on the market(yes i know it is a buggy tire), and has great traction. I have the 2.2" and couln't love them more!
rizzle23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2006, 02:45 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

you kidding right?

you better go grab an extinguisher

SEARCH!!!!!!
xtremraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 07:12 AM   #3
RCC Addict

I would think that the lack of sidewall is what holds them back for crawling purposes. And then you would need an adapter to mount them, I would presume.

Why not use the Moab XL?
Mad Scientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 07:19 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

side wall would suck, but i think someone should try them
savageracer312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 02:03 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

is this thread a joke?
HotRodCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 03:38 PM   #6

7 inches tall huh Why not try them and report back on how well they work
superdenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 07:43 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Buggy tires are about 4.5" tall. And you would need 17mm hex adapters which are hard to find.
CustomCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 12:03 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzle23
Preface:

I could possibly be retarded!

Subject:

Has any one talked about these because i haven't ever heard anyone mentioning them. Either because I am retarded (stated in the preface), they don't work on most rigs, or I am just the coolest kid on the block.
Either way I am putting it up cause i thought that they might help someone who is looking for an almost 7" tire, that is much much much more narrow than anyother tire on the market(yes i know it is a buggy tire), and has great traction. I have the 2.2" and couln't love them more!
they are not 7 inches tall tard they are 1/8 buggy roughly 5 inches tall
chafey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 02:31 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

maybe if you wanted a really narrow Moab, you could cut the side walls off and glue on some 2.2 side walls
shutupanddrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 06:40 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutupanddrive
maybe if you wanted a really narrow Moab, you could cut the side walls off and glue on some 2.2 side walls
Only a fawkin' idiot would do that
microgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 07:18 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

didn't you tell me the other day that you tried it?
shutupanddrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 11:08 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Does anyone know if the 1/8th moabs are bigger then the dirty harry 1/8th witch are 4-7/16". Anyone have an exact size of the 1/8th moab?
Sparky J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 05:18 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutupanddrive
didn't you tell me the other day that you tried it?
I did it with Badlands (Kindergarten Tires thread) and it worked well. Go for it.

That doesn't mean I'm not a fawkin' retard.
microgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 12:07 PM   #14

Okay, first off I was just throwing out an idea. I didn't say you had to do it, or even that it would work that well, I just threw it out as an idea. I was reading a mag that quoted them as a "massive 7" tall", and so thats what i put. Since i don't own them I can't go measure them. I DID search and there wasn't much on them, and if there really was then why is everyone making such a big deal about what a BAD idea it is. (An extemely narrow tire, that gives tons of clearance, and is a proven tread, wow how could I be so dumb).
So sorry to all you 40 year old virgins out there that have nothing better to do than rip on people who are trying to learn a few things, and god forbid ask a few questions in the process. What is the use of a forum if everyone has to be so scared of sounding retarded (which was also prefaced at the very beggining)! Thanks for all the wonderful feedback guys!
rizzle23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 02:13 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

I work at hobby people, but we havn't gotten them in yet. When we get them in Ill look in to all th measurements. and If I like them Ill get them and test them for you. sound good. And I agree with the whole retard thing If someone doesnt know something then dont make fun of em teach them.
supercrawlerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 05:36 AM   #16
Rock Stacker

the moab tires are not anywhere near 7 inches, they are around 4-4.5
The biggest tires i ever had when I was running buggies was the badlands, and they were super tires, easily the best i had used ( on scottish terrain anyway )
the moab tires would be ok for tlt scale projects possibly, but as people are sayin, the hex would be a bugger!
Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 07:01 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzle23
Okay, first off I was just throwing out an idea. I didn't say you had to do it, or even that it would work that well, I just threw it out as an idea. I was reading a mag that quoted them as a "massive 7" tall", and so thats what i put. Since i don't own them I can't go measure them. I DID search and there wasn't much on them, and if there really was then why is everyone making such a big deal about what a BAD idea it is. (An extemely narrow tire, that gives tons of clearance, and is a proven tread, wow how could I be so dumb).
So sorry to all you 40 year old virgins out there that have nothing better to do than rip on people who are trying to learn a few things, and god forbid ask a few questions in the process. What is the use of a forum if everyone has to be so scared of sounding retarded (which was also prefaced at the very beggining)! Thanks for all the wonderful feedback guys!
Your link to Tower says that the tires are for 1/8 scale buggies. If you really wanted to know the size, you should have searched for the size of other 1/8 scale buggy tires on Tower.

If those were 7 inches tall, there would be a few threads here on them.
CustomCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote