Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: Tire/wheel soultion for my Tamiya Ford 350

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2013, 12:11 AM   #1

Default Tire/wheel soultion for my Tamiya Ford 350

Hi all. It's been about 3 years since I last was on here, and I'd kind of put the RC hobby on hold due to life and other stuff. A few years back I put some 1.9 beadlocks and Pro Line Flat Irons on my F350, but the truck weighs a lot and the Flat Irons looked like Flat Tires as they were just too soft for the rig. A few days ago I decided to venture back into the man cave and start organizing and fixing a bunch of stuff, including the F350, on which my dog went Tony Montana and put some holes in the body. Anyways, tonight I was thinking about tire and wheel combinations for the F350 that were not so soft that they compromised the steering, but were soft enough and with an aggressive tread pattern that she would do well as a scale recovery vehicle of some sort. I looked around the disaster area that is my shop and the answer hit me: the BFG Mud Terrains off of my Slash 4X4 short course truck that I had laying under a table. I know they have the larger diameter inner wheel lip, but with the outer lip being soft and pliable, I thought I'd give it a go. On they went, and I have to say they look great. Just zipping around the basement showed great improvement in performance, and they are the same height as the Flat Irons, and half an inch taller than the original rubber that came with the kit. As soon as I get my membership I'll post some pictures; hopefully I'll have the body repainted by then and back on the truck.
Goferrari28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tire/wheel soultion for my Tamiya Ford 350 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
rc4wd flares for tamiya ford f-350 tundrafan01 Paint and Body 3 03-25-2011 05:44 PM
Radio for Tamiya Ford F 350 Hi-Lift jeepguy7891 Electronics 2 10-17-2006 09:49 AM
NEW Tamiya Ford F-350 Hi-Lift kaetwo 1.9 Scale Rigs 2 04-18-2006 02:54 PM