Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: Vanquish omf 2.2 wheels

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2014, 08:30 PM   #1

Default Vanquish omf 2.2 wheels

Is anyone on here running Vanquish omf 2.2 wheels with original axial ripsaw tires & foam inserts. Im having a hard time while screwing the inner beadlock to the outer bead lock. The lips of the tire keep wanting to pop out of the bead before I can fully tighten the 4 screws down evenly. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Or are these wheels junk?

Last edited by black jesus; 02-18-2014 at 11:50 AM.
black jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2014, 03:33 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Vanquish omf 2.2 wheels

Did you ever get this to work out? I am planning on this same setup and would like to know if there is a possibility.
J_Fitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 04:35 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by black jesus View Post
Is anyone on here running Vanquish omf 2.2 wheels with original axial ripsaw tires & foam inserts. Im having a hard time while screwing the inner beadlock to the outer bead lock. The lips of the tire keep wanting to pop out of the bead before I can fully tighten the 4 screws down evenly. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Or are these wheels junk?

Hallo!

I had hard time mounting Super swamper 2.2 Proline on OMF 2.2 VP
The SS PL have very thin lip but eventually I managed to get them assembled properly

I placed the rear beadlock onto a cap of Tamya's paint can, carefully mounted the wheel with ring, placed the front beadlock, then my wife helped me pushing down (very hard) the front beadlock while I was screwing the 4 screws to retain all together
(Believe me it was really hard and after having mounted 4 tires our hands were hurting.... but the fit was just perfect and I never had any issue after hours of run time)

I must say this worked out using the original proline memory form foams that are pretty soft.

Then I got the crawler innovation double Duce comp cut foams 5,5" (they are great compared to the original proline foams) but I never managed to mount the super swamper on the OMF due to the width and stiffness of the inner CI comp cut foam

This is because the OMF by VP are 1" wide and I read Crawler innovation does NOT guarantee the Comp Cut foam can be mount on 1" wide wheels (but do not quote me about this).

In order to use the CI double Duce comp cut I had to use wider wheels, at least 1,1" 1,2"

I liked the shape of the types with memory form by proline (increasing the OD because of the narrower wheels OMF), but I prefer the slightly smaller OD of the same tires mounted on larger wheels with CI comp cut foams, they are much more performant.

I do most crowling, so soft foams would work well anyway, but with CI comp cut I get much much better side trial and as well more precise steering

This is only my personal experience and I did not try the Ripsaw...

My 2 cents

PS: same experience with the PitBull RockBeast 2 with CI cut form 6", I had to use 1,2" wheels no way to work it out with VP 1" wheels (I have brand new VP KMC 2.2 wheels unused..... And the OMF that I used to use are also unused now.... IF ANYBODY FOUND A WAY TO USE CI COMP CUT ON VP 1" WHEELS PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW TO DO IT!!!)

PS2: I am not native English speaker so sorry for any mistake or improper language..

- Slim -

Last edited by slimfire; 07-31-2014 at 04:51 AM.
slimfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 05:51 AM   #4

I had the same issue using the 2.2 OMF on my wraith. The VP wheels are not a true 1" wheel, which makes them hard to mount with the stock foam and almost impossible with the CI foams, without a lot of hard work. I used wider true 1" cans from Carter Fab. Made fitting my CI dueces wild foams much easier and they run great and never break a bead. There is more info on this thread, with pics of my wheels on post 21.
VP 2.2 omf mounting issues

Hope this helps

Last edited by natfender; 07-31-2014 at 05:54 AM.
natfender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 11:55 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Many thanks, that' great!

- slim -
Old 08-01-2014, 01:21 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by natfender View Post
I had the same issue using the 2.2 OMF on my wraith. The VP wheels are not a true 1" wheel, which makes them hard to mount with the stock foam and almost impossible with the CI foams, without a lot of hard work. I used wider true 1" cans from Carter Fab. Made fitting my CI dueces wild foams much easier and they run great and never break a bead. There is more info on this thread, with pics of my wheels on post 21.
VP 2.2 omf mounting issues

Hope this helps
Yes and you will still have a hard time mounting tires up with good CI foams because now you have extra pieces to juggle around while trying to seat the beads and tighten the screws. VP needs to make true 1" and 1.25" wide wheels.

Mountain Storm Tire Press makes mounting any tire/wheel much easier, love mine! Made and sold by RCC userid: MountainStorm

Mountain Storm Tire Press
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 12:34 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Just found out CI offers the Comp Cut Double Duce foams Narrow (to fit the 0,750" wide wheels)!! Just about to place an order so I should be able to use my OMFs and KMCs

- slim -
Old 08-04-2014, 10:08 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimfire View Post
Just found out CI offers the Comp Cut Double Duce foams Narrow (to fit the 0,750" wide wheels)!! Just about to place an order so I should be able to use my OMFs and KMCs

- slim -

Sell the VP (they are too narrow anyways) and buy more Motoworx!!!
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 03:00 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
Sell the VP (they are too narrow anyways) and buy more Motoworx!!!
Well, just ordered 2 sets of narrow double Duce camp cut (1 set 5.5" for TSL SS 1 set 6" for RC4WD Baja Claws).... Hope they work well with the OMF and KMC

Will let you know.

- Slim